Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the common no heat at idle issue with heat driving down the highway in the cab and after looking on the forum I never did see what other peoples problems were to correct the issues and I don’t have the symptoms like others. So I have new head gaskets, no coolant loss, BPD oil cooler, head studs, ERG delete, new water pump, heater core flush, new vacuum lines to the front hubs and Espar heater.

So my mechanic said it was the un-insulated coolant line’s that go to my Espar heater that is under the passenger seat on the frame. Can there be that much heat loss from those coolant lines at idle even when the truck is at 190F? I find that odd but may be true as at highway speed it’s hot aka water pump spinning after maybe. What else should I get checked out? The valve at the heater core and test the vacuum lines tested that have to do with the heater core? I guess my last resort is to install a ball valve on my return line from Espar to prove that the heat loss was the real issue.

Thanks

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
I wouldn't think you could cool it that much through those lines

I still think it's a heater core restriction or coolant flow to the heater ?? Maybe the aux heater was installed wrong?

I have never heard of the Espar heater ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I am sure not sure what could be problem. The Espar heater is a diesel fired heat exchanger that circulates the coolant. I don't have to plug it in just set the timer. When it's -30F out in 1hr my block is at 190F and the truck is ready to roll down the road blowing hot air or did I should say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts