Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I killed 2 of the 3 JL 10's i had in a box. I was planning on a new box anyways but not new subs. It is not the end of the world as they were old Wo's.
The 2 local shops both are pushing for a slot loaded box with 2 -12" subs.
1 shop is a big Memphis Audio dealer and the other is a JL dealer.
The Memphis line is the C3 in this box and the Jl guy is pushing the W3 in a similar box.
I dcnt know if i want to give up this floor space behind the 3rd row seat for something this big (20 deep x 36 wide)
I was thinking about a box like this but i dont know if it will have the as good of a sound pointing sideways compares to rearward. I also have aJL steealthbox in the center now i am going to remove as i think this is a conflict with what is happening in the rear.

Attachments

·
kinda hot in these rhinos
2,481 Posts
The enclosure pointing to the side would be fine... but if you are still worried about it make a port out of a tube and send it forwards... The sounds will resonate better in the tube and give a better sound overall.

Ported FTW!!!

As far as subs I would go with Sundown Audio or some of the older Digital Designs subs ( from the guy I am going with the older digital stuff just holds up better)

Im sure you dont really want to spend a lot of time or tons of money either... but a custom enclosure makes all the difference as well. If you come to scheids Ill let you hear my single 12... youd be surprised what a good single sub with a custom box can do :D

get yourself a sub that needs a break in period and youll be happier :cool:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The enclosure for the MA is thiers and designed for the speaker. So that should not be much of and issue.

I want the custom enclosure but $$ right now are tight and it is either a box or subs not both. The MA box is $100 versus $500 for a custom one.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
like upinsmoke said the sideways firing won't be an issue, and Sundown or Digital Designs would make for good choices. Memphis audio and JL are both solid choices though, JL just gets a bit pricey for my blood, but nothing wrong with their products.

Depends on the design of the box but I think you could get a custom box for less than $500, shipping might add in though. This guy does some amazing work for people all over the country, nice guy to deal with also, Fisher Customs - A Leader in Car Audio Fabrication

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had 4 shops local here look at that picture and they all said $500 just like the picture with carper covering it. I wish i could find a shop to do it for that cheap. I think i am going to order the MA box for now. The one shop is offering a really good deal right now.
I just have to get rid of the last few parts. I sold my head unit today now i just have to sell the JL Stealth box and the 3 sub wedge box from my crewcab and i will be set.

·
Registered
236 Posts
All i got to say is replace with DD1510 or 2510 , I have a pair of 1508's and they get low and handle 600rms i put to them without a problem. Check with PWK for a well built specific sub enclosure or plans delivered to you.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i got my sub box last night and i put my old Kenwood headunit in for now. I forgot how good it sounded. The subs hit hard in the ported box. I think next year i am going to have the round bax built if it will work with the 12's. The box now takes up a little more floor space than i like but for the money it will work for the summer.

Attachments

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
looks great, very nicely built from the looks of it too. How much power are you giving the subs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts