Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I like a rim and tire that sits more in the wheel well. I would also like to go from the 35 inch tall that are on it to a 33 inch tall on a 17 or 18 inch rim...it's just not my style. So I try to read everything before posting and if I understand correctly a stock room is like a +40 offset. .??? I would really like a tire and rim combination that would not only puts smaller tires on but move the tire more underneath the truck. It does have a 4 inch lift and I was thinking like a 275 70 r18 or a 285 70 r17 tire. For a 18 inch rim the offset of +20 the back space is like 5.75. Or it comes in a offset or 1 and a backspace of 5. Only reason I've been looking at 18s is because there is a lot more selection the 17s are more limited but are less expensive. I included pictures of my truck I guess I'm just getting old and like it to be a little more user-friendly I only bought it because it was in great condition otherwise. I'm just trying to wrap my head around doing it right without rubbiN' Thank you is advance for the read and the advice

Attachments

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,855 Posts
welcome to the forum! & welcome to fords!
i agree with you on the rims and tires, i like them underneath the vehicle lol! given the 4" of lift, i want to say your truck should have no problem rubbing with 17" stock offset rims & 285/75/17s which are a 33" tire iirc. but id like to hear more!

·
Native Texan
9,070 Posts
:welcome: to the nation. Yap those wheels suck. Im thinking bout doing an axle swap on my truck out of a newer e450 but it will add an extra 1 on each side and im trying to decide if the disk brakes and heavier axle are worth that.

Sent from my Super awesome outdated Samsung that doesn't burst into flames using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, the paint is in such great shape soon as I start taking it up and down the dirt roads that won't last long.

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts
look at the 2011 and newer rims.
the 18 inch rims will bolt rite on to your truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look at the 2011 and newer rims.
the 18 inch rims will bolt rite on to your truck.

Absent of finding a stock rim. Would you happen to know what offset/backspace should I look for in an aftermarket one that will come close to meeting my needs?

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts
no idea on that, i do not run aftermarket.

Reactions: Spectre77

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no idea on that, i do not run aftermarket.
So I've been searching for stock rims and I found several I like but they're all from 2016 or 2017 Ford super duty's will those all straight on or do I need an adapter for the 2003 truck like some of the ads are saying? Thank you

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts
the 2004 and newer duallys use a 8X200mm bolt pattern. the single wheel trucks use a 8X170mm bolt pattern

·
Administrator
8,467 Posts
correct you are, it is 8X170mm. i don't know where that 180mm came from.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts