Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been putting up my fence for me and my wifes new horses, ended up hurting my back my work been getting in the way have been putten it 60 to 68hrs a week. I was using cross ties as coner post and and 4*4 8ft long every wood post 3ft plus concret in the ground started again saturday monring about 7:30 when i got off work, did this til about lunch had a good sun burn then anyway. Got up sunday morining about 5:30 went at it til about 12:30 when i decided i had a enough i still had to go to work that night anyway. My back was killing me i went to work anyway should have stayed home, about 2:30 am i took a half a night vac, went to the er got good insurance didnt cost me a dime, got 2shots and some muscle relaxers and more pain pills that doc hooked me up. Today went to the chiropactor god i cant spell, now back at home took some of the meds hope they help and go at it again tonight. Ok now yall can laugh at me.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Backs nothing to mess with. Friend pushed himself when his was hurting and now has a slipped disc. He's been trying to get in back in place now for 2 years. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Yea dont over work it. I have scoliosis and have steel rods in my back and screws. I have learned my limits to what I can pick up and other stuff. All I can say is if I dont use my legs to pick up and bend over it will bring tears to my eyes with pain trying to lift heavy stuff...

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
be very careful with the pain killer, use ibuprofen and a chiropractor, the ibuprofen will help keep swelling down and the pain will tell you how fare you can push it as you recover. I've seen co-workers do the pain killer thing and they kept re injuring their back. I've done it this way a few times and am usually at 80% within 4-5days.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it sucked bad last night could only take back qeull at work, im on the muscle relaxes now really much better. may have to go back friday to the chiropractor, on 12hrs day now i think i got to work saturday to. it doesnt give me mcuh time to get things done around the house. but its better than having to much time and no money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts