Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Super Duty Downpipe where do i need to cut it to make it fit? I have the flange and have not connected to the dp yet but i am wondering where i need to cut the pipe so i can rotate it and put it back to make it fit! I also i need to make the dp fit...so what do i need to do regarding the firewall beside using some elbow grease and a hammer or a large bar?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
SD and OBS have a different flange on the downpipe so it is going to be some more modifications to make that work.

Tom

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am swapping the flanges...i already have them apart and am ready to replace it...as for now so everyone knws...my truck has the turbo out and the dp out so there is lots of room to work but i need to knw what needs to be done to my superduty dp that i have to make it work without rubbing! I have heard that i need to cut the pinch weld...to do this do you have to take the heat shield material out?

P.S. Thanks for the reply Tom

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
You can cut the pinch weld with a series of cuts to make it easier to fold over.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Down pipe is semi in haha...going to the exhaust shop monday to get her finished up...man that 24" pipe off the turbo is LOUD!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts