Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Diesel Truck Newbie
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have a small problem, having just recently purchased this truck I don't have any idea what kind of oil is in it. I have a leak that I believe after talking to people on this forum, is coming from my HPOP and I'm about two (2) quarts low. In a perfect world I would just change the oil so that I know what I'm dealing with but with my work schedule I wont have time to do that for another week or so. Does anyone think it's safe to just get some oil and add it or do I run the risk of hurting something if I mix different types of oil?

:ford:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just add some cheaper but good oil like rotella 15w40 and call it good til you can change it.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Greetings,
I have a small problem, having just recently purchased this truck I don't have any idea what kind of oil is in it. I have a leak that I believe after talking to people on this forum, is coming from my HPOP and I'm about two (2) quarts low. In a perfect world I would just change the oil so that I know what I'm dealing with but with my work schedule I wont have time to do that for another week or so. Does anyone think it's safe to just get some oil and add it or do I run the risk of hurting something if I mix different types of oil?

:ford:
Dump in any API CJ-4 oil you will be fine...can't beat a gallon of super tech for the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts