Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98mod f250 in the door it says 06/98.
i just wonder what engine it is, is it a year 94-97 or a 99,5 or is it bastard when it comes to the parts mounted on it.
It's difficult to order parts because most of the times it says 04-97 or 99,5.
And i need some new injectors with more power who runs more quiet but i don't know who to choose. Any advise???
and the last question, is it single or twin shot injectors in it?? I runs rough like the 97 i have before.
Thanks from Petter.

Sorry for my English, im from Norway!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Welcome to PSN Petter, you type English better than some of the guys on here. haha

As far as your truck, You have an early 99 which is a Superduty model but it has a few differences from the late 99-03 models. These differences include AB injectors, smaller turbo, 15* HPOP, a couple different axle differences, no AIH...

They are split shot injectors. AB's are roughly 130cc where as Late 99-03 use AD's which are roughly 140cc..

What do you use the truck for? Are you looking for more power or just a good running truck? If more power, how much more?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer powersmoker..
I have 4" exhaust and shiftkit and a better converter "don't remember name" + a edge tuner that was on when i buy it. And better airfilter.
But i generates a lot of smoke on full trottle but its not any faster than between half to 3/4 trottle.
It has 130k miles on it so i think maybe it's time to change injectors :confused:
I also order these parts so maybe it runs more quieter..

http://www.puredieselpower.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=86{21}398

Improved CPS Cam Position Sensor 7.3L Ford Powerstroke Diesel 1876736C91

http://www.puredieselpower.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=231{21}503{11}510

If i can have 400hp i would be satisfied, and it will not burn so much fuel cuz here the diesel cost 8,5$ pr gallon :eek:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I wouldn't say the injectors need replacing at that mileage... That really isn't high mileage.

As far as making it run quieter, these trucks are inherently loud trucks. Just the nature of the motors...

I would also look into getting rid of the Edge tuner and getting some custom tunes on a TS based chip.

If you are after 400hp, you would need to upgrade the injectors and I would go with a stage 2 single shots (160cc/80 or 100% nozzle) You could get them through some of the vendors on this site. I would definitely post up in the vendor section here if you are interested in upgrading your injectors. I have Full Force injectors but Rosewood or Swamps or Unlimited are also good choices. Getting single shots will require custom tunes to run them properly.

Also, you didn't say but hopefully you have some gauges as well at least to monitor EGT's. Those are the most important because not monitoring them can lead to serious damage...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts