Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures to follow when the camera charges:

Truck started growling when riding. I already knew I needed balljoints, but no idea about the bearing. I pulled it apart, and it had gotten so hot that my yellow o-ring was starting to melt. Truck never pulled or anything, and even when yanking on the tire, no play in the hub, even with it out. Only indication was a growl that started about 2 weeks ago. :eek:

·
bring the chain
1,344 Posts
Pictures to follow when the camera charges:

Truck started growling when riding. I already knew I needed balljoints, but no idea about the bearing. I pulled it apart, and it had gotten so hot that my yellow o-ring was starting to melt. Truck never pulled or anything, and even when yanking on the tire, no play in the hub, even with it out. Only indication was a growl that started about 2 weeks ago. :eek:
y do you hate them? the bearing gave you more than ample notice,that it was going bad,hence the growl. what did you want it to do? call you on the phone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
allow me to repack it...truck only has 112k on it.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
LOL, they make a kit to fix that, but its not cheap so I,ll stick to unit bearings. Besides there easy to change and my price on them is cheap so I really dont mind. I can tell ya most all cars and trucks have gone to units, even 2 wheel dive trucks have them in the front now, and even if you could greese them , doesnt mean they wont go bad.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts