Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after talkin to Bigr yesterday..i was thinkin about getting 6.4 heads and a common rail system on my 6.0

first off- anyone tried this? anyone want to engineer it?

second- i like my 6.0...i want to keep it as a daily driver..lift with a larger single turbo and fuel system and call it done.

so the plan. buy a totaled or salvage titled 08 zuperduper duty from either an insurance company, bank, or auction..preferably a single cab short bed or extended cab short bed. with rear end damage so the front end is still good..or one that rolled and piece together a truck with roll cage. i know a guy who can rebuild the chasis for me or build a tube chassis if need be, if its tweaked and he also does good body work.

i want the ability for it to be daily driven, though i will only drive occasionally on street. twins? fueling? nitro? single stack out the rear of the bed like on someone on here's avitar. lower it a bit

would definately need sponsors for it

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
:hehe: :peeman: :stupid:
Okay, now that that's been said, what's wrong with your 6.0l? Sounds like too much work to me.

preferably a single cab short bed
By the way, unless they changed the lineup I have yet to see a Superduty gas or Diesel roll out of the factory this way. Think of the term, "Built not Bought".

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
The bore is larger on the 6.4. Before you get too far involved, make certain the valves don't come close to hitting the cylinder walls when they open. On the duramaxes it's very close limiting them on valve size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts