Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 gmc sierra with the 4.8 and i don't lik how it tows and the MPG while towing, and the seat sux looking to jump back into a diesel again. I found a 2000 ford EX limited with the 7.3 in it. whats amazing is it's in mint condishion and only has 36k on it. for 19,900. i think i should go over their and pull the trigger on it. what all ya think?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I would in a heart beat if its in perfect condition. That's really rare and the best year in my opion.

·
Administrator
32,964 Posts
i hated how my GMC 6.0 towed I can't imagine the 4.8

I would Be all over the EXPY and I am not a Ford guy but that and my F250 are the exeptions

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
am gonna look at this truck soon cuz if it rides as good as it looks then I will jump on it....what kinda MPG should I expect out of it if its tuned?

·
Registered
327 Posts
On my last 7.3 it was a standard cab xlt 4x4, with 6 inch lift, 35 inch mud terrans, ts chip, cai, and 5 " exhust. Also had a ram air hood but running 65 to 70 mph on longer trips I could get just over 21. In town was around 16 -17 if easy on the go pedal. This truck was a 6 speed tough which I am sure helped

·
Registered
444 Posts
7.3s of that year with the auto tranny get around 17 highway and 13 towing, tuned to about 400 hp.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My numbers were also before they swapped to the ultra low sulfer fuel,

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
7.3s of that year with the auto tranny get around 17 highway and 13 towing, tuned to about 400 hp.
Not gonna get 400 on a tune without injectors. 350s high on stock sticks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
sorry mine says not close to stock, rebuilt tranny, regulated return, 38r, swamps 175/146 sticks, afe intake, 4' turbo back straight exhaust, a few other goodies i can't remember and i drove from canada to Georgia to visit Jodi and had custom tuning, so ya not close to stock. i was just saying when he is tuned to about 400 he will get that kind of fuel milage, because that was my experience. my 2 cents.
drove it 8 years from stock to final work before being in an accident, oh ya forgot i also removed the rear suspension and built a 4 link air ride that i used for about a month before the accident, this milage didn't change much from stock to built as long as you were easy on the little skinny pedal.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
If you don't get it, pm me with the address or number. I'll come pick it up. Been looking for a nice ex for a long time now.

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
You need to be calling them right now, or headed over there with a pocket full of cash cause if you don't, it'll be sold soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
jump on it. i took my truck to michigan from nh pulling an enclosed trailer probably 2500 to 3500 pounds (FULL with tools, im a carpenter) and got 16. i hat tw tunes and a 4 inch exhaust thats it

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just bought a 2001 f250 lariat crew cab in june with 53k on it and i paid 21,000 for it, i know it was alot of cash for that but the truck was almost in showroom condition and i know the original owner and he is OCD about the maintanence and keeping it clean it stayed under a cover and the leather seats and floor mats were always covered with towels it looked like the truck had never been driven.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
So did you get it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts