Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all my research i broke down and bought an F5 DP tuner!! I got the stock, high idle (1200), quiet idle, 80hp econo/ daily driver, 120 race, and 140 extreme. im very excited to try it out! i should notice a big difference with the straight exhaust and 6637 filter! :postwhore2:

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Congrats man hope you enjoy it;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Until you put it on...............you have NO idea how much you are gonna love your truck now! HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
486 Posts
You got a 140 tune on a 2002 truck? Have you upgraded or do you have powdered medal rods?

·
Registered
624 Posts
just make sure no one is around.... because your going to be grinning like a little kid for a while after you install it. I know I was glad when i did and thought why didn't i do this earlier.

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do you know if you have PMR's or not? or did all the 02's have them? and im not too worried i have an early 99 with 80k on it as a back up! and from what i have read the pmrs will hold until about 400 or so hp?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
I think all 02 and 03s have pmrs. You will be alright. Im sure tuners would not sell the big tunes if your trucks wont take it. After you put it in you will wonder how people drive these truck stock.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Congrats, I run an F5 as well. You'll be amazed at the difference. I'm currently waiting for my chip back on a reburn for a new truck and its killing me having to drive it stock. So much unused potential.

·
99 superduty on 22.5
147 Posts
whats the difference in the f5 and f6 tuners.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
PMR's came in mid 02. The F6 you can get trial tunes good for like 10 key cycles emailed to you. If you like you pay and get a code to keep it if not after the 10 key cycles it goes away is what I understand. If I'm wrong someone correct me. I have the F5 with no start, stock, 20T, 40T, 60T and decell. they are no codes which means he raises the threshold for setting a light. About all I do is tow my toyhauler and love all the tunes. An adrenaline pump really compliments this tuner. You'll get the oil the tunes are asking for. I love the combination.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
:whs: your going to love the new truck....congrats...

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:whs: your going to love the new truck....congrats...
Ron i think i saw you in whitefield on sunday and you followed me to lancaster! i thought your truck looked familiar!

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
lol yes you did...now that i looked at your truck in the pic i remember...you turned right in town going by north county ford up there in lancaster....how often are you up this way??

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My grandparents live in the lancaster, groveton area and my mom owns a store right on main st in lancaster. that was the first trip up with the truck! i will be up there some more off and on.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
very cool..what store does she own?? do you know where mirror lake cabins is in whitefield?? thats where i live..dont be afraid to stop in and say hi...if you run into trouble when your up this way give me a call... i have AE and a garage full of tools, air and some spare parts..ill PM my phone## if you want it..

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
how do you know if you have PMR's or not? or did all the 02's have them? and im not too worried i have an early 99 with 80k on it as a back up! and from what i have read the pmrs will hold until about 400 or so hp?
Yes PMR's are good to about 400hp.

But a PMR motor is safer at 400hp with supporting mods (turbo and injectors) than it is at 300hp with just a tuner because of the amount of stress it puts on the motor to make that much power out of the stock injectors.

Anyway... Good luck

1 - 20 of 77 Posts