Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im swapping intercoolers this weekend and where can i get the IC boots at for the swap and part numbers (NAPA)? and for those of you that have done it what all is involved?

·
Registered
53 Posts
what kind of gains do you get with the 6.0 I/C swap? I have been thinking bout doing the swap on my truck.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
:eek: $$$$ Seems like i remeber seeing some part numbers from napa for IC boots..
And you can expect some lower egt's and a little more airflow over the stock 7.3 IC...
Trust me your going to need them. Once the stockers blow out once they have a tendency not to stick as they should.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
There is another company that has them, but reread the all silcone part I am sure someone can get you that link..I like the quality of the dieselsite boots and have never seen a neg post on them. But dig around the search button joe aka...csipsd had a few good posts on his dealing with it. Seems like about a 50-100 drop in egts iirc. Pretty easy swap but some trucks will have to tweak a couple of tranny hard lines..overall an easy swap. If you can get an ic for cheap worth it, if it is expensive the gains are not as good as other ic's.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is another company that has them, but reread the all silcone part I am sure someone can get you that link..I like the quality of the dieselsite boots and have never seen a neg post on them. But dig around the search button joe aka...csipsd had a few good posts on his dealing with it. Seems like about a 50-100 drop in egts iirc. Pretty easy swap but some trucks will have to tweak a couple of tranny hard lines..overall an easy swap. If you can get an ic for cheap worth it, if it is expensive the gains are not as good as other ic's.
Well ive searched but not really much on the boots themselves.. yeh i didnt pay anything for that its just gonna cost me the boots and the effort to do it.. i'll keep looking and see what i come up with.. doing the swap this weekend and didnt know if i could pick some up at napa or something..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts