Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to quiet the exhaust down considering it is quiet enough as is. Just done hearing it. It is a 5" straight pipe. Truck sounds like a crawfish cooker LOL. What is a muffler that will get rid of this and still give as throaty a note as possible? Just any flow through? I am sure someone here has all ready been there.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Why dont you like it straight piped

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I dont really. I liked the way my old DMAX sounded straight piped. This truck sounds odd something between a hair dryer and a fish fryer. I like the throaty sound but am getting annoyed of the hair dryer

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Similar to say a LBZ DMax straight piped and chipped. I could live with that

· Registered
1,093 Posts
I mean if anything they at least sound like a P!SSED OFF hairdryer

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Perfect

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a 5" magnaflow muffler from a buddy. Inside the opening is no more than say 3" seems restrictive. Anyone have a magnaflow muffler sound clip on a 6.4? Looking on you tube and everything seems to be straight piped. Do they make more than one 5" muffler?

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No one out there with the 5" magnaflow muffler? I have a free one but would like some feedback before installing

· Registered
390 Posts
I got tired of the hairdryer sound too, I was 5" straightpiped. I installed the Magnaflow and it sounds alot better now, it took all of the hairdryer sound out. I can even tow with the windows down now.

· Registered
7,368 Posts
No one out there with the 5" magnaflow muffler? I have a free one but would like some feedback before installing
2 completely different motors, but on my 7.3 my magnaflow muffler took out ALL of the turbo whistle, and left me with a nice deep rumble.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.