Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96’ ext 4wd lb with 160k. I mainly tow with it. Fully loaded the trailer is just under 14k. The clutch is done. So I’m going with a Southbend single mass. Wire harness is shot as well as plugs. Figured since I’m there I’ll do injectors. Rosewood 160/30 were recomended. Also doing Diamond eye 4”. It allready has a TS-6 with their canned tunes. Also putting in an edge cs2 for guages. The question I have is What kind of turbo upgrade should I do? I’m not looking to make something that will pull walmart in the low 9’s at a 1/4 mile. In the future i’ll be looking for a intercooler but for now this is what I have time and money for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if you made up your mind yet but I would also consider 205/30's. Not that there is anything wrong with the 160s but depending on the condition of your hpop your icp might drop off in the higher tunes. The 205's will not be as oil hungry since it is a hybrid injector. As for the turbo I would recommend KC turbos. I run the 63/73 journal bearing turbo since I am manual. They also have a 66mm version but judging how the 63mm runs I think it would be a little bit laggy on those injectors. If you have the money the ball bearing turbos (tiger turbo, kc38r) are great options as well. I'm not very familiar with the obs fuel systems but switching to e-fuel might be something to consider as well.

·
Administrator
8,341 Posts
choices and suggestions are good.
but i would dump the canned tunes for custom written tunes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts