Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey has anyone here used a hypertech in-line power tunner? I have an 05 my buddy had one on his 04 he loved it . any more info thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Just use an SCT and be done with it...

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
another vote for sct here

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Custom tuned SCT and enjoy!!!:evil:evil:evil

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
:whs: hypertech programmers are good on gassers but when it comes to a 6.0...SCT with custom tunes hands down.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
SCT FTW!

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Get an sf3. Canned tunes will hold ya over for a while. When the NEW wears off...... Upgrade! Lots of vendors here that will be more than happy to hook you up.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I'd still go custom, just get a street tune. Nothing crazy, but definitely more fun. You want custom for the trans tuning! Call up Eric @ innovative diesel and tell him what you have and what you want, he will help you out.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
lol, pretty much sounds like nobody approves of the hypertech. If you can get the hypertech for like 75-100 bux, grab for an extra little fun. But your going to want an SCT with custom tunes.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
lol, pretty much sounds like nobody approves of the hypertech. If you can get the hypertech for like 75-100 bux, grab for an extra little fun. But your going to want an SCT with custom tunes.
That little extra fun could cost you in the end...

·
amos moses
150 Posts
:whs: your better off buying an sct rather than a hypertech then possibly a tranny! It's always worth it to spend a little more! You get what you pay for!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
thats my philosophy... pay the extra for a good product. Thats why I dont have a superchips on mine already, lol. As much as it hurts, I think Im going to have to put ARP's in te truck before I even SCT the danged thing. Just to be safe...

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
It seems everyone likes the SCT with custom tunes for performance but how does it do towing say 10-15,000lbs in 5-9% grades, I dont see to many people doing that with anything other than stock?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It seems everyone likes the SCT with custom tunes for performance but how does it do towing say 10-15,000lbs in 5-9% grades, I dont see to many people doing that with anything other than stock?
You can get custom towing tunes. Personally I do not like running any tune if I pull over 10K, I did once and my truck kept heating up. Put it back to stock and it was happy.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I know a few guys that tow wit their diesel pickups and tunes, pretty heavy loads 18-20k frequently. Ive never heard of problems, but Im going to have to ask now about their MPG and performance. They always seem to be happy and gloat all the time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts