Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Looking at a $100 deal on a Hypertech programmer set back to factory settings. Anyone had any experience with these? Any info or suggestions appreciated.
04 SD 250 6.0

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
A Sct with custom tunes is really what u need to run tuner wise if you have a 6.0... Any mods to the truck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Mods to my knowledge. Just replaced oil, oil filter, fuel filters and cleaned egr valve. Everything looks unmolested for the most part. Was looking to buy this programmer due to costs. Would LOVE an SCT SF3 but will never be able to locate one for the price this guy is selling the Hypertech for.

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
Well one thing u don't wanna do when u own these trucks is to cheap out on anything otherwise you'll regret it...I've never ran that particular programmer but I've ran ones that just throw more power to it just for the sake of it, you end up with transmission problems and so on, if it were me I would hold out till I could get a Sct device and I can give u the name of a guy that does tuning that very affordable and will be ten times more safe for your truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was given a Hypertech. Tried it out on my 03' Ex. It definitely made a huge difference vs. stock. The part I did not like was the tranny shifts were inconsistent. Sometimes quick and stiff other times slow and very soft. I don't even know if the Hypertech does anything to the transmission but it was obviously not right. It seemed to me the computer could not figure out how to handle the power. I believe the power numbers they advertise but I felt the transmission was at risk and went back to stock.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What they said get the sct with custom tunes when you can afford it you will be glad you did.And your truck will thank you so will your trans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts