Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a unlimited supply of hydraulic oil that is syn and am wondering if it is ok to mix with diesel. i will only run 6 gal/13gal of diesel if possible. i am a complete novice to this. please help.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If it were me then I would begin to use it at say a 10% hydraulic/ 90% diesel mix and go from that point. I have recieved some WMO that would smoke more than others which I blamed on possible syn oil. I do not go past a 50/50 mix with WMO so that would be my stopping point,but others run a higher ratio.

Just make sure of good filtration.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
filtration is not an issue as the fluid is brand new but i just dont have a use for it. so what should i do with it? i dont want to smoke like hell so i guess ill start with 10% and move up? it is totally syn.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
ive used up to 50% case hy tran before with very little smoke,used motor oil smoked quita a bit though.

·
psd tech
51 Posts
hydraulic oil should be about the same as trans fluid and I have ran that at 80% you should be fine wish I had it.

·