Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am in a dilemma right now on what I want to do. I am really looking into Diesel-Sites adrenaline pump for my stage 1 injectors. My question is should I go ahead and get the pump right now or wait and get hybrids from Swamps and not worry about a HPOP? Thanks for any input.

Reuben

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Are you looking for the truck in your sig. the 95'?

I would assume you still have the factory 15* hpop. I would probably go for the Adrenaline if it was me. But if you have upgraded to the 17* pump I would go for the hybrids.

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I'd get the hybrids, given you have the supporting mods for them, or can have Tony tune them down.

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you looking for the truck in your sig. the 95'?

I would assume you still have the factory 15* hpop. I would probably go for the Adrenaline if it was me. But if you have upgraded to the 17* pump I would go for the hybrids.
Yes truck in sig and yes stock *15 pump. I do need something along the lines of a HPOP b/c I run these things out of oil.

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I were in your shoes, I'd get the hybrids, given you have the supporting mods for them, or can have Tony tune them down.
If I am getting Swamps injectors I will have them tune them also. I don't have headstuds yet either so that would be a problem.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Hybrids and tune them down FTW.
then you can get the pump later :D

Edit: the Injectors you have now will use roughly 1170cc's of oil to empty (assuming 160cc's) and 230cc hybrids will take 1150 cc's (roughly). the hybrids will empty a little faster, and will like higher ICP.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Hybrids... Best bang for your buck!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I loved my hybrids and loved them even more when i put my hpop on. They seemed to tow better and the truck was smoother with the hpop even though they aren't supposed to need a hpop. :shrug:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I vote for the hybrids, and wait till you can get either a terminator pump or stealth. I am not totally sold on the fast of what dieselsite is trying to do,the stocker is still a very little houseing and will only move so much vollume modded or not.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Did any one care to READ his post and see that he runs out of oil w/ stage 1's.....uh if that is the case then he prolly has a pretty week pump and it will do nearly the same w/ hybrids.........so he might need to get a pump, then save money for hybrids and look to sell his stage 1's.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I loved my hybrids and loved them even more when i put my hpop on. They seemed to tow better and the truck was smoother with the hpop even though they aren't supposed to need a hpop. :shrug:
Well, they use less oil for the fuel delivered, so they don't technically need one, but because of the lower pressure multiplication, they'll run better with higher ICP's.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
pump save money for head studs and injectors...without both your injectors wont be at full potential...just my 2 cent

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate all of the responses but I think I am leaning towards the pump. It is the most economical choice as of right now and I think I would be happy with a HPOP. Then I can get injectors and studs when funds allow. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
ya, that is another factor, the pump is a bit cheaper

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Why not a set of 200cc hybrids?

A lot less oil and a lot more fuel than his current injectors, and fwiw.... hybrids make MORE injection pressure per lb of ICP than his A-codes... not less.

BIG misconception there. My hybrids probably make 500 - 550rwhp at around 2000psi ICP.

This is of course, assuming he runs a performance oriented nozzle. If not, it doesn't matter anyway.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Why not a set of 200cc hybrids?

A lot less oil and a lot more fuel than his current injectors, and fwiw.... hybrids make MORE injection pressure per lb of ICP than his A-codes... not less.

BIG misconception there. My hybrids probably make 500 - 550rwhp at around 2000psi ICP.

This is of course, assuming he runs a performance oriented nozzle. If not, it doesn't matter anyway.
:whs: I still have my factory 15 degree on my '97 that would light the CEL at a moments notice with my 175/XXX's, before I switched to 200's. And having my Autometer Fuel pressure gauge plugged in to a second ICP sensor before I got my fuel system done I could see the needle goes where ever it needs to be and stay there under WOT.

-Michael

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
So the Poppet valve drop on a set of A-codes is so bad that Hybrids will have a higher injection pressure?

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
So the Poppet valve drop on a set of A-codes is so bad that Hybrids will have a higher injection pressure?
With any performance oriented nozzle, hybrids will always win. Against any other injector type.

They always move the most fuel per time for any given nozzle/ICP combination. There's only one way to do that. More injection pressure.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
It's the same across both, but since the Hybrid has a larger Plunger it moves more fuel per time.

Also, I was just wondering how big is a GT40 compared to a Modifed H2E?? Because in my lower setting it is pretty much smoke free, but I haven't had my Higher 2 settings at WOT yet, as it swings 40psi with ease and I don't have headstuds or valvesprings in this truck yet.

-Michael

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
It's the same across both, but since the Hybrid has a larger Plunger it moves more fuel per time.

Also, I was just wondering how big is a GT40 compared to a Modifed H2E?? Because in my lower setting it is pretty much smoke free, but I haven't had my Higher 2 settings at WOT yet, as it swings 40psi with ease and I don't have headstuds or valvesprings in this truck yet.

-Michael
A GT40 would be tiny.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts