Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Does anyone have hybrid injectors in their truck? Are they any good? Do you need to do and mods when using them? And how much power do they put out?
What are you planing to do with your truck, do you want a ton of fuel?

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Just out of curiosity what exactly makes an injector a "hybrid" injector, seen the term before but never knew what it meant.

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Thanks for explaining that, learned something new.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Well I heard from a friend the hybrid put out more power with less fuel then stock. And heard nothing els needs modified.
Not true at all, people generally go with hybrid injectors so they can maintain icp pressure with large sized body's. Most people start running hybrid injectors around 255cc of fuel becuase you can run them off your stock hpop and but you lose roughly 8,000 psi of injection pressure. What's all done to your truck so far?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not true at all, people generally go with hybrid injectors so they can maintain icp pressure with large sized body's. Most people start running hybrid injectors around 255cc of fuel becuase you can run them off your stock hpop and but you lose roughly 8,000 psi of injection pressure. What's all done to your truck so far?
That makes sense. So far I've got AFE intake, 4" MBRP 5" tip, fass fuel system, ARP head studs, upgraded ford intercooler, bankz 6 gun, EGR delete as far as performance goes. I might be missing something but I think that's it. So not a lot done and I'm very new to Diesel engines so I'm learning. Oh and a garret Powermax turbo:)

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
If I were you I would ditch the banks and get Sct with custom tunes, you probably wouldn't believe the difference in that powermax with the right tuning for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I were you I would ditch the banks and get Sct with custom tunes, you probably wouldn't believe the difference in that powermax with the right tuning for it.
I have thought about that. The guy I bought it from put the bankz on it and when I bought it I put the Powermax on. He ended up getting a sct for his other 6.0 and offered to trade but we never made the deal

·
Banned
26 Posts
Typically 205's, but more dependant on the nozzle size. A 205/100 is at the stock HPOP limit. But a 255/75 could be run on a stock HPOP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Typically 205's, but more dependant on the nozzle size. A 205/100 is at the stock HPOP limit. But a 255/75 could be run on a stock HPOP.
So with everything that's done to my truck so far what would you recommend I put in it as far as injectors? I don't want to have to build up my tranny or have to do anything to dramatic to support really big injectors. Should I just stick with stock or can I go a little bigger without having to much trouble?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
175s will be ok fuel wise as long as you fuel pump is healthy. As far as nozzle size you can get 30s if you want to still tow or go with 75s if you want more performance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So with everything that's done to my truck so far what would you recommend I put in it as far as injectors? I don't want to have to build up my tranny or have to do anything to dramatic to support really big injectors. Should I just stick with stock or can I go a little bigger without having to much trouble?
Well... IMO if you plan on pushing 175s to the limit then you will be well past the limits of the tranny and possibly even the fuel system. Most guys I know that get a descent sized charger and 175s end up needing a new tranny.

The stock tranny is really only good to 500hp reliably for long term. I know plenty of guys that made 600+ on stock trannies... but they eventually blew up.

IMO I would go with warren 175/stock with the long side solenoid upgrade, PHP ficm tuner, and a KC stage 1.5 turbo. That should put your right between 450-500hp. The truck will have very minimal turbo lag and plenty of power on a race tune. Then load up a tow tune and be able to pull safely with the stock nozzles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well... IMO if you plan on pushing 175s to the limit then you will be well past the limits of the tranny and possibly even the fuel system. Most guys I know that get a descent sized charger and 175s end up needing a new tranny.

The stock tranny is really only good to 500hp reliably for long term. I know plenty of guys that made 600+ on stock trannies... but they eventually blew up.

IMO I would go with warren 175/stock with the long side solenoid upgrade, PHP ficm tuner, and a KC stage 1.5 turbo. That should put your right between 450-500hp. The truck will have very minimal turbo lag and plenty of power on a race tune. Then load up a tow tune and be able to pull safely with the stock nozzles.
Well with what I have already it's at right around 500+ hp so it's not bad how it is and the tranny has been holding up great. So maybe I should just leave it I'd hate to have to put a #### ton of money in the tranny

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Well with what I have already it's at right around 500+ hp so it's not bad how it is and the tranny has been holding up great. So maybe I should just leave it I'd hate to have to put a #### ton of money in the tranny
With what you've listed that you've done to it I'd say its closer to 400. Buy an SCT, ditch the banks. Your truck will be night and day different from what it is now. And the SCT is MUCH cheaper than injectors. But if you're really wanting to spend money I agree with above guys on the 175's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts