Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year put a new solenoid in 4x4 worked then the hose got a hole in it and I fixed that to the hub. Now the Hvac pump had been making a awful whining noise and 4x4 kept kicking out after awhile the the vacuum pump would kick back on. I just changed the Hvac pump and the noise isn't loud but I never remember hearing it before and haven't been able to try out the 4x4 could there be something else cause this vaccum pump to over work itself or maybe another problem? All help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I am pretty sure that the vaccum pump also controls the heater vents as well...

·
Sorry, SUV's AINT TRUCKS
59 Posts
How tough was it to change out that pump? Mines been out since this summer and it's about time to have air other than through the defrost vents.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
its very easy... i think its 2 10 mm bolts and just remember which lines go where... i believe theres only two lines on it. mine was bad for about a year... you can just plug the line going to the hubs and your heat will work fine. i used a tip for a caulking gun on mine until I changed it out

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U can actually just pull it out fr the time being it has three rubber plugs that holds it to the bracket to allow vibration it took me 2 mins to change it that way or you can unbolt the bracket which I think is right 2 10mm bolts my heater only seems to work through the vents when I'm driving at idle it starts blowing cold air you think I could have a bad vaccum pump or maybe another hole in my line?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
try cutting 1/2 inch of line off where it goes into the hubs.... sometimes it gets loose and old/worn out there. to check the heater side of it you would have to plug one of the lines and then the heater should do what its supposed to.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks I've done Otto one side last year cause it got worn and got a hole so I'll do the other side and maybe put hose clamps on them. Which now that I think about it I don't know why ford didn't do that in the first place.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
you could just zip tie them... I dont have anything on mine.. I dont think its really needed until the rubber gets old enough to relax and loose the seal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I might try that for now then next week I'm taking off the lift and tires so I have more room to work with the vaccum lines since there the factory ones and that lift almost takes away all slack in them which could be the problem to it's pulling them off the tit to the hub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts