Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see that the hummer has the same bolt pattern, and i hear the dodge guys have to bore the center out a little. has anyone done the measurements with boring the center of the wheel and checking the offset to see if these will fit on a 97 f350 4x4?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
For the Chevy trucks they don't require boring, the Dodge and Ford trucks needed the center opened up to fit over the rear axle hubs.

As I recall when I looked into it, the wheels needed bored larger for the Ford hubs than for the Dodge. And for the cost of the wheels plus the machining, I could get a nice set of new wheels in any size and offset I wanted.

Dave

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
i had H2s on my dodge and i bored em out with a router and a flush cut bit and it worked perfectly. It took about 2min a wheel and the balanced perfectly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dang i wish someone has already installed a set. who knows if it will even look good on a ford. i can pick up a set w/ brand new tires for like $500. i can get them bored for free since my friend has a machine shop. i guess ill have to take some measurements to see how much would need to be removed to make them fit

·
<---mud
297 Posts
there was a guy on here that had a set bored out he was selling in the classifieds. dont remember his name but he was in MN.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Dont forget you cannot run the center caps either. Our rear axle sticks out too far and we need to get to out front hubs to lock in the 4wd

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
I loved mine when i had em on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts