Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the road and came to a stop. Punch the throttle got sideways (wet road) let off and then truck would boost or Rev up. Will barely get to 50 mph. Need some help. Has a factory fuel pump that was suppose to be rebuilt. I also had the turbo de coke recently. An edge juice with attitude programmer. 4 in down 5 in exhaust and an Airaid intake. 05 injectors. Up for any suggestions.

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely someone could have some suggestions. I would like to have an idea where to start checking. I was thinking. Fuel or turbo. But not real sure

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No check engine light either. Would there still be codes though

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
I would start by unplugging the edge and see if the same problem happens. mine caused a bunch of issues on my truck one day it just decided to not let my turbo spool up at all while I was on my way to the lake. after uninstalling it truck was back to running perfect. they are junk on the 6.0 get a SCT. hope this is a easy fix for you as it was for me.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
With the 6.0 it seems the only good programmer is one by SCT. I had problems similar to your with two different programmers before I found out about SCT. There could be codes the won't trigger a CEL to come on so that's worth a shot. My first guess is to return the truck to stock and see what that does for you. It is possible it's the tuner.

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. I will do that. Thanks. Never thought of that. Will do it tomorrow.

·
giantred
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just unhooked it. Didn't help. Actually seemed to make it worse. Has a real bad miss at a lower rpms now. Still idles great. Could it be a bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.