Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i decided finally to start building my headache rack, ive settled on a design and began construction yesterday, should be finished sometime this week, unfortunately my lovely wife understanding of the fact that ive wanted a headache rack for quite some time decided to purchase one for me from the local truck acc. shop..... sooo heres my dillemna!!!
1. i continue to build the headache rack i want and tell her to take hers back
or
2. i accept her gift, and stare at the headache rack i would really rather have sittin in the corner of the shop???

lol any suggestions??

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
so i decided finally to start building my headache rack, ive settled on a design and began construction yesterday, should be finished sometime this week, unfortunately my lovely wife understanding of the fact that ive wanted a headache rack for quite some time decided to purchase one for me from the local truck acc. shop..... sooo heres my dillemna!!!
1. i continue to build the headache rack i want and tell her to take hers back
or
2. i accept her gift, and stare at the headache rack i would really rather have sittin in the corner of the shop???

lol any suggestions??
Do you like sex? Thats whats going to drive my awnser...:doh:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im thinkin this could have something to do with the fact that i bought her a front replacement for christmas???

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
What kind of rack is it?

You could come at her with "I want to build it with YOU"

You can teach her to weld... I think a woman that can weld is HOT!!!

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Id say your stuck between a rock and a hard place.........

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she doesnt know about the rack im building yet, ive thought about maybe completing it, and later on swapping it out, or if i had to, putting it into her truck claiming i was building it for her all along....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
what kind of rack did she buy you

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its built by a local company, renegade is their brand. its not a bad looking rack ive just seen alot of different racks and combined all the features i like into my design. *shrugs*

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Modify the rack she bought you to your liking, and scrap the rest of the one you were building.

Then buy her a new rack :postwhore2:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol i dunno i think it would just be easier to finish building mine! *shrugs* well i guess i can always sell the one i build. im sure theres someone who would want it. (ie. theres no way in hell im gonna scrap something ive been working on for the past couple days not after the work ive put into it!)

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
well that sucks, good thing I'm not in your boat! :D
Just remember no matter what your decision or how you meant it you'll be wrong!

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Finish the rack your building, paint it up nice. Then get it engraved & put it on her truck! She'll love it because you built it for her! :D

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
What size rack? C cup? D cup?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Being a woman I'd want my man to have the one he liked and would be ok with taking it back but I'm a very easy going girl jmo
Id say your stuck between a rock and a hard place.........

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
man if ur girl is like mine. just put the one ur making on her truck and take the one she got u. but ive never met ur girl so i dont know. i know my gf enough to know shed be crushed if i took her present back.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea i think shed be upset if i told her i didnt want it. unfortunately i dont know if my rack will fit her dodge?? i measured it pretty close so it wouldnt be seen around the cab of the truck or over it. i think her trucks bed is mounted a little higher. Well try and see.

heres a pic of my headache rack, still incomplete but with how much work ive put into it i dont wanna just quit! maybe i can get her to buy the rest of the lights for it, and put the other rack on her truck!

headache rack pics

I took a couple ideas from coope3 i really liked his style but im not a fan of the sheet metal wrap and wanted more red led's also like i said i dont want it to be seen around the truck so i changed a couple of things.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Looks good, lots of lights are good. What part of my rack is the sheet metal you are talking about.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Nice looking rack! not the one in the pictures :doh:
I just need some torches to cut the holes for the lights!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was talking about the flat steel across the top I wanted more support

Yea cutting the holes was a bitch I did it the easy way with a mill and a bandsaw in my grandfathers machine shop.... Actually I take that back even with the shop those holes were a pain.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts