Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PSN addict
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to up date the nation and send a big thanks to tony at tdp, jim at rosewood diesel shop, and of course thanks to every one on powerstroke nation for pointing me in the right direction.

i just instaled my stage 1s from rosewood and my chip from tdp and wow... turned my truck in to a whole different animal. now, i had the tune befor but when its running thoes injectors its a completely different truck.

so if anyone is on the fence about putting ether of these in your truck do it!!
oh and on smoke mode... i never thought id say this, but it might be too much smoke... :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
How was the rebiuld on the Rosewood stage 1? Was it easy or a pain? I was thinkin of doing them soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im thinking about going a little bigger.. get Jims stage 2s, D66, and TW 6 pos tunes. but have definetly been on the edge weather or not it would make a difference worth spending $4000 on. What do you think?

What are you running for tires and gears?

·
PSN addict
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im thinking about going a little bigger.. get Jims stage 2s, D66, and TW 6 pos tunes. but have definetly been on the edge weather or not it would make a difference worth spending $4000 on. What do you think?

What are you running for tires and gears?
absolutely! i just did stage ones cuz i wanted a daily driver and didnt want to get a new turbo. and i have 4:10s and have no problem roasting 35s

i sent my stock injectors in to jim and had him build them it was $500 even, and painless as can be

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I was on the fence but will be getting a DIY kit asap! thanks for the opinion. Now did you have them retune your chip or ??

·
PSN addict
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was on the fence but will be getting a DIY kit asap! thanks for the opinion. Now did you have them retune your chip or ??
no.. i was going to but called tony and told him i was planning to ic my truck and upgrade my HPOP and he told me to wait till iv'e done all that to have it re-burnt

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
sweet thanks, just a thought I tried the 'bb mod' and loved it only I used a 4-40 screw instead. You have a similar setup might think it over.....

·
PSN addict
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i was just reading (your thread i think) about that and was thinking about doing it. notice and difference??

·
Registered
345 Posts
just wanted to up date the nation and send a big thanks to tony at tdp, jim at rosewood diesel shop, and of course thanks to every one on powerstroke nation for pointing me in the right direction.

i just instaled my stage 1s from rosewood and my chip from tdp and wow... turned my truck in to a whole different animal. now, i had the tune befor but when its running thoes injectors its a completely different truck.

so if anyone is on the fence about putting ether of these in your truck do it!!
oh and on smoke mode... i never thought id say this, but it might be too much smoke... :D
Can you explain what makes it a whole different animal and a completely different truck?
And if you just intercooler your truck you have to reburn the chip? and what about if you make the 140v IDM, also you have to reburn it?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ya it made a big difference, I would recomend it for sure, if you have a fuel pressure tester to do a before and after reading and watch it while driving even better. Read the rest of the bb mod thread and you'll see the other info I put up.

·
PSN addict
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you explain what makes it a whole different animal and a completely different truck?
And if you just intercooler your truck you have to reburn the chip? and what about if you make the 140v IDM, also you have to reburn it?
well befor id be lucky to boost 20-24 pounds, now i can hit 30 with out even thinking about is 34 pushing it, on a stock turbo. and it seems to spool way faster. IIRC with stock injectors your only pushing 96cc of fule and with stage 1s its 160cc now im not a diesel tech but in my mind its like the difference between a 2 barrel carb and a 4barrel. and no my under standing is you dont have to re-burn any thing if you dont want but if you want the optimum performance out of your mods you can have the chip re-tuned

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
i was makin 42 on a stock charger with 1's and a bud of mine is make about 50ish with hybrids. i make 33 now with my h2e and 250's

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just completed the stage 2 DIY kit from Jim. It was time consuming but it fixed my no start cold problem (I think) and runs like a raped ape!!
I recommend Jim's kit with no questions.

CrazyKen

·
Registered
345 Posts
well befor id be lucky to boost 20-24 pounds, now i can hit 30 with out even thinking about is 34 pushing it, on a stock turbo. and it seems to spool way faster. IIRC with stock injectors your only pushing 96cc of fule and with stage 1s its 160cc now im not a diesel tech but in my mind its like the difference between a 2 barrel carb and a 4barrel. and no my under standing is you dont have to re-burn any thing if you dont want but if you want the optimum performance out of your mods you can have the chip re-tuned
Ok, thank you for your answer. Have you towed with them?, and what about the EGTs?

·
PSN addict
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, thank you for your answer. Have you towed with them?, and what about the EGTs?
no i havent towed any thing yet.. i have a tow mode on my tune and was thinking about hooking up the boat just to see how it does.

as far as the EGTs, when im just cruzen there about 600*. the other day i had it on the highest mode on my tune and really got after it to pass this guy, looked at my EGT and it was 1300! thats why im thinking ic stat! oh and im at see level, even a few thousand feet will make a difference in your EGTs

·
Registered
345 Posts
no i havent towed any thing yet.. i have a tow mode on my tune and was thinking about hooking up the boat just to see how it does.

as far as the EGTs, when im just cruzen there about 600*. the other day i had it on the highest mode on my tune and really got after it to pass this guy, looked at my EGT and it was 1300! thats why im thinking ic stat! oh and im at see level, even a few thousand feet will make a difference in your EGTs
OK, well keep posting here the results with towing. Thanks. And yeap youll need an IC. :doh: LOL.

·
Registered
183 Posts
lostman did you change you split shots to stage two's or you got the single shots???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts