Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do these sound like when they're starting to go? I have an annoying squeak pretty much identical to the wear indicators on brake pads but my pads only have about 500 miles on them. I haven't hit anything / run anything over to bend the splash guard or anything so it's not that or the pads and the only other moving thing that the noise starts and stops with is the bearing unit. I know I just gotta pull the wheels but every time I move this last week it's been on my knees over a radiator or underneatjh one rustbucket or another.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A bad hub will make the noise , had same issue until last week , replaced both hub bearings . Just get the frontend up and grab the tire at the 12 and six o'clock position and you'll know right then ,hope this helps

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I posted the new thread I took a 50 mile ride to the gf's parents (all turnpike) and the second I opened the door to get out upon arrival I got a blast of hot brake smell so I think I know what I found to do tomorrow. I just hope whatever heat was created by a hung up brake didn't cook the grease out ogf a hub and make THAT my problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts