1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
I want to say that turbo is a standard TN... If so, it is a step below the GTP and TN BB.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
i cant access that page from work, but if it is what i think it is, all it is is a Journal Bearing Turbonetics. It is a decent upgraded turbo, kinda laggy downlow, but it is NOT a BB turbo. U would be better off to with either one of the BB turbos, Garrett or TN

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
NO!

it is the same as the "Ball Buster" and the "USA" turbo or in other words a standard TN journal bearing....just get a Garrett or TN BB turbo!

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Actually cant get a TN BB now, they are sold out, so if he wanted a BB turbo, just give ITP or DI a call and get one from them. THats your best bet.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a journal bearing TN turbo. The lag off the bottom is not near as bad as everyone says(WITH THE RIGHT PROGRAMMING). Mine works great still and makes great power. I will upgrade some day to the BB TN conversion or the Garrett bb Turbo. From what 69w says. The map is alot better on the Garrett turbo. I am not very good at reading turbo maps. Get a hold of him he is knowledgable.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Actually cant get a TN BB now, they are sold out, so if he wanted a BB turbo, just give ITP or DI a call and get one from them. THats your best bet.

LOL... Garretts are just as bad backordered...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I have a journal bearing TN turbo. The lag off the bottom is not near as bad as everyone says(WITH THE RIGHT PROGRAMMING). Mine works great still and makes great power. I will upgrade some day to the BB TN conversion or the Garrett bb Turbo. From what 69w says. The map is alot better on the Garrett turbo. I am not very good at reading turbo maps. Get a hold of him he is knowledgable.

There is a big difference between knowledgeable and what he likes to say about the Turbonetics unit.

I have run all three, JB TN, 38r and TN BB...

In order of preferace...

1.Turbonetics BB

2. 38r

3. Turbonetics JB...

But I would still rather have the surge free performance of the JB TN then the 38r...

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
We have the Garret's BB in stock, we are the Promax Authorized dealer for the NW. Check out Garrett's website. And the surge problem on the 7.3's can be corrected with proper tuning. I had a chance to drive one of Garrett's Factory Tuned 7.3L with the Ball Bearing upgrade and it is still the smoothest power delivery 7.3L I have ever driven!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
LOL... Garretts are just as bad backordered...
We have the Garret's BB in stock, we are the Promax Authorized dealer for the NW. Check out Garrett's website. And the surge problem on the 7.3's can be corrected with proper tuning. I had a chance to drive one of Garrett's Factory Tuned 7.3L with the Ball Bearing upgrade and it is still the smoothest power delivery 7.3L I have ever driven!

:pointlaugh:

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts