Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I know nothing...
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbos are a week point for me (as if the rest of this 5hit is 2nd nature right :doh:) so ANY input is valued. Came across a brand new HT3B w/warrenty and 70mm PSD bolt on. I'm planning on 238/80-100 and AD/OD w/DIY IC. What would ya'll do?

BTW my stock 65 is new.

·
Hater Club
3,631 Posts
And to make a point, I'm *NOT* arguing Jim's point. We've both been down similar roads. Except.. he's ####ing nuts with 3 turbos.

I'm just saying that with a 38r stage 2, 1.15 housing, waste gate the housing to the intermediate pipe to the HT3B.

On the HT3B, number 22 housing would spool fast, but run a bit hot IMO, but with the extra cubes of the 7.3, number 26 housing would make a decent stage 1 feeding the 38r. Have the intercooler post stage 2 before going to the intake plenums.

Or..

Put a 47r in front of the 38r and pay 2-3 times as much.

·
I know nothing...
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's some pics of the 70mm, it's something that will fit into the budget ( read cheap ) and I wouldn't mind getting it now for the green truck. I hoping to make 500+ eventualy. Says its on a 96 psd base. What do ya'll think?

·
I know nothing...
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting, but it is standard rotation.....I don't see how its bolt on unless it comes with a fabricated mount kit or adapter.

Looks to be a decent charger though. What are some more of the specs?
Not sure, the guy says he used the exhsust and pedastol from his 96'

·
I know nothing...
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The stock turbo bolts down to the pedistol and the return and supply are oringed to the charger on the bottom. That one has an oil port on the top (supply) and the bottom (return).

Besides that, the rotation is standard. The stock PSD is reverse.
I guess I better wait til I get throught HPOPs and INJ's before tackling Turbos huh? :doh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.