Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just heard back from the shop and they said my truck needs a new hpop. bein on a very small income im always one to save a dollar if i have a chance too. how difficult would this be to do by myself? should i use a stock hpop or is there a chance for a upgrade here? what would it do if i did use a better pump than the stock one? truck is a 97 7.3 with 261,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Its simple to do. I can do one in under an hour now including beer breaks:ford:

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything on the truck is still stock including the injectors. would they be able to hold up with a better pump and also what would be the benefits of a better pump?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's not hard at all.. If it was me i would upgrade upgrade upgrade!! Our 7.3 love oil.. Good luck..

·
Registered
201 Posts
everything on the truck is still stock including the injectors. would they be able to hold up with a better pump and also what would be the benefits of a better pump?
Yes to all.. Benefits More power better mpg faster starts..

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
More Power on the top. Your injectors don't run out of oil. My suggestion would be an Adrenaline from Dieselsite. Better than stock, and cheaper than stock.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Straight from Diesel Sites website...

For use with: Stock injectors, Stage I, Stage II, and up to 250cc Hybrids. Not for use with B-Codes (DT466 and I530 injectors).

1994-2003 7.3L STOCK REPLACEMENT - BOLT IN - HEAVY DUTY REBUILD
HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP
EVEN STOCK TRUCKS WITH STOCK PROGRAMMING CAN SEE A DIFFERENCE - SEE TESTIMONIALS
FUEL MILEAGE INCREASES SEEN IN EVERY YEAR/MODEL TESTED AND WITH EVERY INJECTOR SIZE
HP INCREASE BASED ON INJECTOR SIZE AND CURRENT TUNING/PROGRAMS WITH A PUMP SWAP ONLY
PULLING POWER FOR TOWING INCREASES WITH EVERY TRUCK SETUP PUMP IS INSTALLED ON
EVERY ADRENALINE IS BUILT EXACTLY THE SAME AND FLOWS WITHIN A CERTAIN SPEC
ALL YEAR ADRENALINES, INCLUDING 94-95'S ARE BUILT TO BE ABLE TO USE THE 96-03 IPR FOR ADDITIONAL SAVINGS
HEAVY DUTY DUAL BALL BEARING CARTRIDGES- NO BUSHINGS

The Adrenaline is the perfect high pressure oil solution for any injector setup. As expected, stock injectors won't feel quite the "wow" that larger injectors will - but you will feel it and when towing you will wonder how you did without it. Larger injectors are the big winners with higher volume high pressure oil. The bigger the injector - the more power gains. Every injector size realizes fuel mileage. But make no mistake, this is not some small increase meant for small injectors. As common sense dictates and as our testimonials show, the larger the injectors the more power you realize from adding higher volume high pressure oil. This pump was made for any injector except B-codes and it will deliver fuel economy, performance and power to any vehicle.

If you've been told you have a "weak pump" and are seeing a 1211 codes then we'll help you diagnose your needs before you spend your money on a pump. Programming can be the culprit for a 1211 code being thrown especially with stock injectors. Programming has changed over the last few years and you may just need some tweaking. The weak pump epidemic caused by bad or older programming has too many of you looking for a cheap pump fix. We'll try and help you fix your issues, but realize that it may not be a pump that you need. In this economy we don't want your money if our pump won't be your fix.
Seems like most people that have done the upgrade are very happy with them.

·
Rock Steady
959 Posts
I am still learning , but would a used stock 17* also be an upgrage from what he has now ?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I am still learning , but would a used stock 17* also be an upgrade from what he has now ?
Used? Maybe, it depends on what kind of shape its in..
New 17*, definatly an upgrade.

·
Banned
544 Posts
:badidea: Adrenaline from Dieselsite :badidea:

Calling :bsflag: on rebuilt!!! Reassembled used pump maybe....

To the OP please do your own research on the matter and dont just go by what people say. Look at all the facts that you can find before you spend your money. There are a few options that are out there.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
:badidea: Adrenaline from Dieselsite :badidea:

Calling :bsflag: on rebuilt!!! Reassembled used pump maybe....

To the OP please do your own research on the matter and dont just go by what people say. Look at all the facts that you can find before you spend your money. There are a few options that are out there.
1 bad among how many good. Just freakin drop it.

·
Banned
544 Posts
Stop beating the bush for a man that wont even say what his rebuild process is and it is not only one bad look for yourself and you will find out. I dont even see you running one have you sent him your 600 to get screwed????

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
How long are you going to carry this around. If it didn't work for you that's too bad. It is working well for me and many others. Just let it go and get over it all you are doing is trashing every thread that involves Bob Riley.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Is there a mod that has the stones to do something here?????

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yeah, I am running one. It is hold 3000+ at WOT well past 3500RPM's and has been doing so since December. Money well spent. I would also feel good about going with any of the competitors products also. But Bob's products, plus his customer relations is a huge selling point to me.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Thanks Tom.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Thanks. This has gone on long enough in my opinion.

·
Banned
544 Posts
I guess only people that like his pump has an opinion around here??? I think it has maybe all of you should stop pimping his pump!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts