Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mullet enthusiast
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys I am currently considering moving up to some 160cc stage 1 injectors from casserly (until I can afford hybrids and a turbo) to compliment a chip, intake,exhaust,and quick spool turbo housing I have already installed, and am not to knowledgable on the health of my hpop and if it will support these injectors . My truck has 184k on it and I am the third owner and I know the previous owner neglected the truck a little bit. My goals are right now about 350 hp to the wheels,later on atleast 450hp so this is why I am wondering if I should just get a new pump all together unless there is a cheap alternative for now.

Cheers! thanks for any input guys !

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
Find someone with a scan tool to monitor ICP pressure and at WOT as well as IPR% at idle and WOT with the chip REMOVED! This will tell you if you hpop is good specs are as follows.
Idle: ICP--510/600 IPR---12-20

WOT ICP---2600/2800PSI IPR---30-45%

If you are below that chances are your HPOP is weak. However it also depends on millage if you have 180K on a beaten engine chances are its on its way out. If you have 180K on a VERY well maintained truck chances are your ok!

Let us know if we can further help you.

·
Mullet enthusiast
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on I'll talk to my boy at the ford dealer and see if he'll check that out for me ,and if my hpop does end up on its way out ,whats my next best cheap upgrade ? or would I be better off getting a big hpop ?

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
Cheap upgrade without spending big $$ is a *17 degree pump found on any 99-03 7.3. I'm assuming you have a 94-97 (OBS) because that is where you posted this. The 94-97s have AA single shot injectors and 99-03s have AD/AE coded split shots. The spilt shots required more oil to operate so they upgraded the old style *15 pump to the newer *17 pump which when you set a *17 pump behind a set of single shot stage ones it will supply enough oil to outperform a set of single shots with a *15 pump. The *17 pump can be found as cheap as 350.00 remaned from BOSH.

HOWEVER, If your looking to obtain a set of hybrids in the future like you stated earlier a Stealth SRP1 Or Terminator pump is what you WILL need. The SRP1 pump has stopped production until sometime early next year. ( Jan-Feb) Gary(owner) is moving to a larger facility and making more improvements to his already great pump to be able to offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY. The price may go as high as 899.99 though. Joey i THINK sells his T500 for around 500 with exchange.

If it were me, I would install a SRP1 or T500 pump.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
HOWEVER, If your looking to obtain a set of hybrids in the future like you stated earlier a Stealth SRP1 Or Terminator pump is what you WILL need.

I'm not disagreeing that there will be more gains with more oil, but I've been running 238's for almost a year on a stock 15* pump.
I have an adrenaline sitting on the shelf, but haven't needed/gotten around to installing it.
Hybrids use much less oil than B codes, or a large Stage 2. Dual pumps is totally overkill for something like my setup. I'm confident I'll put down close to 500 hp when I get a fuel system installed.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
To get the full effect of injectors a upgraded hpop is needed but I know of a few people running hybrids on a stock 15* pump.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm also running hybrids on a stock *15 pump . It runs good for now lol . I'm gonna wait for the srp1 personally ...

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
I'm gonna order a new hpop in the next day or two especially since xmas is over with.

I really need to get with a good sponsor with a list of shlt I need. I think I'm gonna just make a thread with a list of everything and tell the sponsors to just PM me with their best price haha.

It's hard to decide on an oil pump. Adrenaline for almost 700 that you can get now, T500 for less then 400 that you can get now, or a srp1 that you can't get for who knows how long because no one has a REAL release date and will be near 800.

It's a hard decision but I think I'm going with a t500 for a few reasons actually. Just from talking with TE, for one and for two, everyone else' experience with them and not to mention the ease of doubling up to a t1000 at a later date..

But I also highly recommend getting it scanned first to see if your 15* is holding up good.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
If you're going with Terminator, ask them about a scan gauge while you've got them on the phone. I'd say it's some of the best money I have spent on my truck.

·
Mullet enthusiast
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea I think i'll just do a upgraded hpop and save myself some headache thanks guys. But 500 for terminator t500 isnt to hefty of a price I was expecting to spend way more !

·
Registered
435 Posts
yea I think i'll just do a upgraded hpop and save myself some headache thanks guys. But 500 for terminator t500 isnt to hefty of a price I was expecting to spend way more !
If you send him your pump to modify into a T500, the price is $349 + shipping
so $360 total. He normally has very quick turn arounds on his builds.

I'm hearing the prices are going up after New Years.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just did the Terminator pump on mine. I just got stage 1's but it is awesome! Truck runs so much better. For less than $400 you can't beat it.
Knowing what I know now, upgraded HPOP, E-fuel, and Superduty offset gear reduction starter are the first mods an OBS should get.
"Him" provided great customer service too.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts