Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing the plastic cover off the front of my 00 7.3 and dropped a socket as I had my magnet in there I noticed my injection pressure regulator was missing the nut that holds the solenoid on it looks like its been missing for a while, my question is will I hurt anything running it like this. Thanks for your time.

Axel

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Mine was like that for a while i found it in the valley..

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
Mine was like that for a while i found it in the valley..
Likewise on this '02 I bought a few months ago. It had some issues that ended up being a weak HPOP but the nut had come off the IPR and fallen into the valley.
Since the solenoid is basically just an electromagnet, when it's energized to operate the regulator I think it has a tendancy to pull itself onto the stem rather than pushing off of it. I suppose that's why they chose to secure it with a cheap little thin sheet metal nut?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
For real that nut is ghetto...i was going to double it with a real nut, but never got around to it.
i had thought i had a nylon niut but was a different thread.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Funny story. I was drag racing at the local drag strip. Made a pass and was driving back to the start, truck dies on me I thought she blew up. Went looking under the hood for a few minutes and saw they dang tin nut sitting in the valley.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts