Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew how to tell the difference between a 15* and a 17* pump.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If im correct stock on the 94.5 - 99 were 15* 2000 and up are 17* . someone correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the thing, the truck i took it off of is a 95, but the guy who had it before me said he put a super duty engine in it. So i was wondering if there was a way to tell the two pumps apart by some other way. Like with numbers or a different mark or something

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
17 came on the 99.5 and up. That was part of the midyear change along with larger turbo and AD inj. You could probably run the #'s on the eng and find out what it came out of. I'm not sure though. Never messed with them other than having the Adrenaline installed when it was in for some other work. Maybe someone with a lot more knowledge will jump in. Good luck.

·
Registered
430 Posts
You can look at the turbo setup on the engine it came off and see what era it is. As far as the HPOP itself, externally they are identical to my knowledge.

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
IIRC if you remove the big snap ring and back cover, the 15º has a bearing and the 17º has a bronze bushing that supports the pump shaft.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the turbo set up is definitely from an OBS. That's why i question if the engine is from a SD. I'm just going to assume it's a 15*. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are the odds that i was typing that last message when you posted?? Odd. Thanks for the advice i'm gonna have to take that snap ring off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts