Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
sled puller
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 03 6.0 put225 injectors and non vgt 66/71 on and it wont run right hpop oil presure is good in park but low at start up and under load could it be ipr

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Ive heard ICP is hard to maintain with 205 or larger injectors. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You don't have the volume for one.
2003's had the small log style hpo rails, and the crappy hose connections to them.

Find yourself a set of 2005+ hpo rails, valve covers, rocker boxes, glow plug harnesses, and then add an Adrenaline pump.

Or....sell your 225 injectors, and get some 190's.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was under the impression that the 03 and early 04's and weaker pumps which is what the loss of pressure is caused by not necessarily the oil rails. Is that not correct because I feel pretty confident in that. the adrenaline pump won't work with the newer oil systems.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I was under the impression that the 03 and early 04's and weaker pumps which is what the loss of pressure is caused by not necessarily the oil rails. Is that not correct because I feel pretty confident in that. the adrenaline pump won't work with the newer oil systems.
Uhm...yeah...it will...I ran an adrenaline pump with the newer oil rails on my truck for over two years.
And I have proved to myself that with everything else being the same...the new style hpop's don't have the same output as the Adrenaline.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I didn't realize the new oil rails fit with the older oil system

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
There were many updates to th hpo system.
In my case, I used the Adrenaline pump with the old discharge pipe, and then instead of using the hose style lines and log style manifolds, I changed it all to the newer style stuff so I got the added benefit of having twice the oil volume, and less chances of leaks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
that's a pretty solid hpo setup I didn't know I could just ditch the log style and update to the new style

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
that's a pretty solid hpo setup I didn't know I could just ditch the log style and update to the new style
You can't. You need the rocker boxes, valve covers, glow plug harness, etc...

That's why I said, you can do it this way...or just get rid of the 225/100's and get hybrid injectors. (way less work)

·
Registered
255 Posts
yeah I would have to agree the 225's should be down sized unless you have time and money to burn from the way it sounds

·
sled puller
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i baught the adreneline pump ran great took it out on road blew a boot braught it back to shop fixt that now it wont start and no oil pressure just like before this is on a 2.6 pulling truck so 225s are necissary wen pulling against truck with 1000 hp or more if i had money to burn i would have gone with hybrid injectors but i got wat i could aford i just need to make it all work if you have any other advice i would be happy to hear it thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts