Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks ago I put a new dieselsite adrenaline HPOP and new IPR valve in my truck. I only drive my truck on the weekends so I only maybe had 500 miles tops on it when it started sputtering and died when I let off the throttle. Pulled the IPR valve and something had center punched the screen and split it wide open. It even had the updated screen with the bracing across it. I replaced the HPOP with a factory replacement 20k miles ago. So this is the second pump and 4th IPR valve I've put in it within 20k miles. What could be sending so much debris to be causing this issue?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
When was the last time the oil cooler was out? Did you inspect or change out the screen in the HPOP reservoir? If that is intact, the only thing that could be going through the IPR screen is stuff from inside the pump itself...which is rare, especially with the adrenaline. I'm guessing the reservoir screen went out and something made it through to the HPOP. As for what it could be....really, it could be anything from a bit of a seal which fell off, or a clump of dirt which somehow made it into the engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the oil cooler and resevoir screen 20k miles ago when I changed the hpop the first time. the original screen was falling apart. I could tell the the previous owner had the top end all apart before. Seems to be a persistent issue with this truck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
When you blow the ipr screen, you don't need to replace the ipr. Just get a new seal kit, clean out the ipr and reinstall. The kit is about $50. If the old hpop screen was really bad, I'd assume there's a bunch of crude in the hpop that is still being pushed through. At 5000psi, it doesn't take a very big particle to blow that screen apart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When was the last time the oil cooler was out? Did you inspect or change out the screen in the HPOP reservoir? If that is intact, the only thing that could be going through the IPR screen is stuff from inside the pump itself...which is rare, especially with the adrenaline. I'm guessing the reservoir screen went out and something made it through to the HPOP. As for what it could be....really, it could be anything from a bit of a seal which fell off, or a clump of dirt which somehow made it into the engine.
I replaced the oil cooler and screen the last time the hpop went out 20,000 miles ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts