Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the HPOP off to replace all the o rings since it was leaking. My truck is a 1995 and it looks like the previous owner already changed out the high pressure lines from the HPOP to the heads. I bought the special tool to remove them only to find they are simply threaded on so Im assuming they are the aftermarket lines. When I removed the fittings from the high pressure lines on the HPOP the springs were still in there. Do I still need the springs even though Im not using the factory quick release fittings? Thanks

·
Registered
1997 F-350 CCLB 7.Tree
438 Posts
So I took the HPOP off to replace all the o rings since it was leaking. My truck is a 1995 and it looks like the previous owner already changed out the high pressure lines from the HPOP to the heads. I bought the special tool to remove them only to find they are simply threaded on so Im assuming they are the aftermarket lines. When I removed the fittings from the high pressure lines on the HPOP the springs were still in there. Do I still need the springs even though Im not using the factory quick release fittings? Thanks
remove the springs, and most older 7.3 dont have the ones that require the disconnect tool.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,611 Posts
To be more precise, the 94-97 are the JIC connections, the 99-03 are the quick connect (from the factory). Some people like to convert the quick connect to the JIC style.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts