Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went on a trip to get a truck, i was towing a 25 foot goose neck trailer. The trip was about 400 miles one way(800 total) My truck runs very high egts even in stock and tow(1000 to 1200 empty) with the probe in the manifold. Any ways got down there and got off the highway and acclerated hard and then let off and the truck stalled. It started right back up so i tryed it again and it did the same thing. So i was thinking that the oil was hot and my hpop is probably getting weak?? Not sure so i thought i would ask. Also on a side note i have always been fighting my pyro since the day i bought the truck i have all the parts to put my intercooler on just need time. But with the stuff in my sig i can get it up to 1000 to 1100 fairly easy even in stock. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!! sorry for the long post.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think you need at least a manual liquid filled gauge to help figure this out. I also might lean more towards an IPR issue then a pump issue from what you posted.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i haven't had time to check it out what is causing this yet, but i was just driving between stop lights today in town an if i accelerated moderatly and let off quick it would stall seems to be getting worse.

·
Registered
446 Posts
possible CPS, mine did the same thing, i'd gun it and then come to a stop and it'd stall, but it wouldn't crank right back up every time, sometimes i had to let it sit and then crank back up

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will look into it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts