Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HEARING IMPAIRED
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my truck the other day and it just turns over. No fire. We hooked up the scanner to get some readings and the only way we could get it to fire and run for some readings was on ether. We were only getting 300lb readings. I understand it needs a min of 450 to fire. The oil looked aeriated after we ran it on ether but I didnt check it before hand.

So you guys thinking HPOP or what?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

·
I am the juggernaut.
3,380 Posts
I'm not thinking IPR.

When my IPR failed it would die inder 1500- RPMs but idle fine and fine at anything over 1500 rpms.. then would be a PITA to get started.
The 3 other truck I've replaced them on had similar symptoms.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Went to start my truck the other day and it just turns over. No fire. We hooked up the scanner to get some readings and the only way we could get it to fire and run for some readings was on ether. We were only getting 300lb readings. I understand it needs a min of 450 to fire. The oil looked aeriated after we ran it on ether but I didnt check it before hand.

So you guys thinking HPOP or what?

Thanks in advance

Daniel
Your 10K mod will show false numbers. Check the connection at the ICP sensor first.

·
HEARING IMPAIRED
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delayed reaction but I have been out of town. I did disconnect the 10k before hand. Think its a HPOP? BTW, you guys sell those right Terminator?

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Yes. I sell new Bosch pumps. But let's make sure it's the pump first. Can you check the duty cycle while cranking it over? Have you tried unplugging the ICP sensor and trying to start it? It could possibly be an IPR sticking open as well. Or even a connection problem on the IPR plug. Also, check to see if the little sheet metal nut is still on the IPR solinoid.

·
HEARING IMPAIRED
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again I appologize for the time delay here.

It was the HPOP. I just wanted to throw something out there for all the 2003 7.3 owners.

If it hasnt been already posted, the 2003 7.3s have slight differences than the older models. I was originally told it was a cam position sensor because my tach didnt move during startup. Well I swore up and down that my tach has never moved during startup since the day I bought the truck. And it still doesnt. Anyway, I changed the pump and the IPR. And it worked. I appreciate the help guys. And hope that this tid bit of information saves someone a bit of money in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts