Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my HPOP died its only pumping 200psi so the truck wont run im thinking about getting a new modded 17" pump from joey at terminator (does any one know what one costs?). My future plans are a set of stage 1 singles since i have PMRs. Or should i just get a new pump from Ford?

·
Registered
258 Posts
If your gonna spend the money you should check out the adrenline pump from what ive heard about them there really great pumps.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'm happy with my Adreneline from Dieselsite, good performance and cheaper than a new stock pump from the dealer.

My question is how are u testing ur pump?
Do you have both HPO lines blocked so that the pump is isolated?
or are you just going off the ICP sensor reading? if your just going off the ICP sensor you could have an ICP leak rather than a bad pump.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Have you done some diagnosis to narrow it down the pump?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I'm happy with my Adreneline from Dieselsite, good performance and cheaper than a new stock pump from the dealer.

My question is how are u testing ur pump?
Do you have both HPO lines blocked so that the pump is isolated?
or are you just going off the ICP sensor reading? if your just going off the ICP sensor you could have an ICP leak rather than a bad pump.
:whs: and Tom also. It would suck to spend the money on an HPOP and not need one. Altough in my opinion the Adrenaline would be an awesome upgrade to your motor. Joey's pump would work also.

Check either of their websites, you should find prices there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you done some diagnosis to narrow it down the pump?
Tom is correct. Clean your IPR and put a new O-ring set on it from Guzzle. Me thinks 200psi is a stuck IPR if you cranking speed is OK.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I agree with everyone else. I can't comment on Joey's pump but I have the adrenaline and have had a lot of phone conversations with Bob & Sheryl @ Dieselsite. They are great and the customer service is great. The pump made a night & day difference in my truck. In my 60T tune it will peak @ 3250 psi and hold 3000-3100 psi @ wot to over 3000 rpm. I have seen 3800 rpm and it was still pulling as hard as at 2500 with a 13K lb touhauler on it. I got a little scared doing 90 with the trailer. I won't do it again but just wanted to see what it would do. That pump works.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the truck is at the ford dealer right now and that is what there telling me i was thinking ipr too but the mechanic took off at noon today so i didnt get a chance to talk to him. when it started acting up it was acting like a cam shaft sencer it cut out a few times then a few miles down the road it cut out twice and then died so i put a new cam shaft sencer in and it didnt fix it so i had the ford dealer hook on and they told me i was only getting 200 psi. but when i stoped this afternoon the fuel bowl and the ipr were both laying on the bench so im thinking they had a gage on the pump. i guess ill have to wait till tuesday to find out for sure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How do the Bosch pumps compare to the moded Ford pumps? Everyone I've talked to that has an Adrenaline pump loves it. Thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
yeah check your pump, if it holds pressure then it could be inj o rings.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Call bob and call joey, both are great guys who will help you trouble shoot your pump to see if it really needs replacing first.. course then have them tell you about pump options to see if you want to fix it or just upgrade to a better system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Call bob and call joey, both are great guys who will help you trouble shoot your pump to see if it really needs replacing first.. course then have them tell you about pump options to see if you want to fix it or just upgrade to a better system.
Considering the fact that the OP already said it's at a Ford dealer with the fuel bowl out I suppose it's kinda late for that good advice. Sad too since the IPR comes out pretty easily with the bowl in place. Most likely $10 spent at diesel o-rings would have cured the problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So Cat00, you gonna tell us how this turned out?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Im betting IPR... But knowing Ford they replaced the entire unit, including the IPR...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts