Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cab is coming back off. The only thing we can figure at this point is that air is getting in there. All of the fuel system tests show that the HPFP is fine, so until we get a for sure bad HPFP symptom, that is ruled out for now. While everything is apart, the rails are going to be checked out to see whether or not they are secure. Thanks for that suggestion Shane. I will continue to keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
it always sucks to have to pull the cab to begin with, let alone do it twice in a short period of time.

are you doing the work?

maybe its a seal on the supply line to the HPFP.

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
Try insulating the line with some wrap, might stop the sound if its harmonics.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I made a second hold down for each line. Maybe try that. Whats the sound? Like a rattle or a humming? I have a sound like 02shoot has. Its only at idle. Its like a woo woo woo woo sound. Its odd. Thought it was turbos but 02 had the same noise in his video

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No updates. I'm parking the truck until next weekend. I don't want to continue driving it and run in to more issues. My guy already has a side job for this weekend, so I have to wait until next weekend.

I made a second hold down for each line. Maybe try that. Whats the sound? Like a rattle or a humming? I have a sound like 02shoot has. Its only at idle. Its like a woo woo woo woo sound. Its odd. Thought it was turbos but 02 had the same noise in his video
It is a vibration that is creating a humming type sound. It can be heard in the cab and even worse outside the cab. It's actually making everything under my hood vibrate though. It's a pretty severe vibration.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
Right on Jeff. That sucks to do twice. I couldn't even bring myself to pull the cab once, let alone twice. I just thought of something, is it possible your vibration is caused by the combo of stock hpfp and ported fuel rails? Are you doing the work??

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
sucks that you gotta pull the cab again Jeff...but better to fix it now than take a chance on a line coming apart and having a fuel leak

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
You were prob right with the line getting twisted during assembly. Ya fuel leaks suck. I got a minor one on mine but I haven't had time to fix it yet. Still driving it thou, fix it when my install my 6.0 manifolds and custom up pipes. Jeff let me know what you find fixes this issue too. Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Man I hate when you find a similar issue but the fix is never annotated 😬
Have a truck doing the same thing, thinking it’s the ported rails are thats the problem but would like to confirm before tearing back into it

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.