Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a bottle of Howes Diesel Treat and was owndering if anyone else here runs it. Ive heard good things about it. I was running CenPeco additive and it worked great and may go back to it, but it was $8.00 a bottle and only treated 50 gallons a bottle, over the Howes that cost $13.00 a bottle and treats 320 gallons.

Sean

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
I've ran it once or twice, the motor seemed to quiet up some but for 2 or 3.00 more the Diesel Kleen did a better job for me, better pep on the DK.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I've tried a few. And power services white bottle works the best for me. I run it year around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Like I said I might go back with the Cen-Pe-Co since it did the job quite good.

Sean

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Howes sucks. I ran my first and last bottle over the last 3 weeks.

Figured I would try it since its cheap. Now I know why its cheap:doh:

Im going to go exclusively with the Rev X additive or the stanadyne

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
I like the Powersevice stuff in the gray bottle better then anything I have every tried..

BUT i use Howes in the winter to keep from gelling. I have NEVER had a gelling problem when I use Howes diesel treat, Even when we hit -40 F (and lower) Without the wind chill!!!

To tell the truth I run Howes and Power sevice diesel treat in the winter AT the same time.. It canr hurt a thing I use PS for Milage and Howes to keep from gelling.

Another thing to remember Howes diesel treat will PAY TO HAVE YOUR PICKUP TOWED if you gell when using there product..

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Local trucking company passed alot of info on too me about a product they had been using for the last 2yrs...They have kept track of every detail...via computers in the trucks... downloading them within spreadsheets... showing very impressive results, as well as not one jelling problem... Granted a Semi Truck driving habits are different then a normal pickup, but I hope the results are somewhat similar... It's worth a try...

The company used the recommend dosage...Ratio Mix 1000:1

Diesel Fuel Additives - Diesel Fuel Conditioner, Lubricity, Treatment

I have also used White P/S during the winter months-{Never Gelled Up}
I have never had a Gell problem with Howes

My Problem I guess is I'm always open to try different products... {OutSide the Box}.

·
Mother of God!!
36 Posts
I run howes in mine during the winter months and when its -50 out there is bound to be problems but i havent had any gelling with howes products, and as said before, they weill pay for the tow if it was to gel up

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run Howes year round it is great stuff, helps lube the injectors and keeps from gelling in the winter. I have unthawed many diesels in the winter that run other treatments but never once had one running howes gel up. My dad has been an otr driver for 20+ years and howes is the only additive he will run, his trucks have always started when it is -20 or below and not plugged in, you do have to mix it at their recommended ratio though.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i use howes and so has my dad for the last 10 years..my dad loves the stuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts