Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please post up pictures and all that on how to install a manual switch torque converter lock up? its going on a '00 thanks

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
swamps has a diagram in the diy section on their website

·
Fabricator/Mechanic
129 Posts
Diesel inoovations has it in there tech dept. With good tunes you would hardly even need it anyways. ie DP tuner, Wildman, PHP others im sure

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
I didn't find anything about it on swamps site. It seems pretty easy from DI's instructions.

Has anyone ever used a 3 way switch instead of a 2 way? I was thinking it would be nice to be able to fully lock it, unlocked so the tuning takes over, and fully unlocked to completely overide the tuning. I've never seen them done this way, but it would seem beneficial. I have talked with a few people that would like a 3 way switch, but no one is sure how to do it. ANy inout would be great.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
So you know how to do it? Could you share it with us?
I don't really feel like working that hard this morning and drawing up a diagram for something that makes no since as to why you would want to do it.

WHY do you want to be able to have the TC unlocked all the time? It just makes no since at all. All that does is heat up your tranny having it unlocked.

Now if you want my diagram for the regular TC lockup switch I can post that.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
May be good in pulling??
While pulling you want the TC locked so you don't have any slip so you have more power to the ground.

And like I said if the TC is unlocked there is a lot of friction and will heat up the tranny a LOT faster.

Am I missing something here? :shrug:

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
I don't really feel like working that hard this morning and drawing up a diagram for something that makes no since as to why you would want to do it.

WHY do you want to be able to have the TC unlocked all the time? It just makes no since at all. All that does is heat up your tranny having it unlocked.

Now if you want my diagram for the regular TC lockup switch I can post that.
I'm glad you're see you're hear to question everything everyone does. Way to answer a serious question with a smart### question. Thanks buddy.

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
While pulling you want the TC locked so you don't have any slip so you have more power to the ground.

And like I said if the TC is unlocked there is a lot of friction and will heat up the tranny a LOT faster.
You pull?

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
And how would you do that directly out of the hole in second low with a sled behind you without snuffing the charger? I know it's done often, but the switch would be SELECTABLE, so they could lock whenever THEY wanted.

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
heavy sled, tight track. sometimes a locked tc doesn't always yield the best results when the sled is dragging you down.b Unlock the tc to keep the rpm's up.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Then I would do it with 2 switches. One that will disconect the PCM to the trans all together. And another that will allow you to lock it if you wanted.

If you want I can draw up a diagram for ya on that.

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
When the sled drops at the end it may bog the motor down. Unlocking it would keep the rpm's up, keeping the motor in a more effective range.

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
That seems like it would work with 2 switches. After thinking about it, I could have my sled pulling tune unlocked at all times and completely control it with a lockout switch

1 - 20 of 43 Posts