Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I am new to this forum, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Now the issue I am having, I have searched the forum and found different answers. I have just purchased a 1999 f350 and it runs great but want to start changing some things. I have read on here that if the powerstroke emblems are on the doors its a late. And then I also read that if your tenth digit is an "x" its early and if its a "w" its late, but this doesn't make sense when thinking in terms of a decoder because "x" is after "w" and "y" is the last letter used ending on the year 2000. my VIN is 1FTSW31F9XED05036. Thank you for any assistance you all can provide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would also like to add that I have the 3 inch intercooler, but a manufacture date on the valve cover of 04DEC98 indicating to the best of my research as an early 99. But a valve cover serial number 0898225 which according to ford would require the newer 1999.5 injectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome to PSN. A quick search for "how to tell an early 99" yields the following:
Looks like there may be several tells that differentiate the early and late 99s.

Cj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply. I have seen these and I fall in between the two. Intake and serial number matching late 99, and build date matching early 99. Granted I'm only 3 days before the supposed cut off. I just didn't know if there was anyone else on here that could offer something definitive that i haven't been able to find.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Could be that you are indeed right in the middle... I.E. part run out from one model to the next. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Cj

·
Registered
120 Posts
How would a quick look at the main computer telling you if it has split shot injectors ,, My 99 NVK3 code runs split shots , check your code ,it will tell you ....The one under your dash.. The Gov Holmes

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not having my truck on site to look at,, The engine computer the you pull to add engine horse power to it is under the dash and behind the emergency brake ..Somebody out there can tell you from that code what you have ..You may very well read the code while in place using a good light. My truck is not on site for me to look and tell you ... The Gov Holmes

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Early 99s were AB split shots. The AD split shots came later on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts