Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the wood grain pieces in the truck hydro coated....has anyone successfully removed the wood grain trim from the door panels, dash, center console?

any help appreciated!

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
if you had a gray interior i'd trade you door panels, and if I had the auto climate control i'd trade dash pieces with you so you didnt have to worry about it.

too bad

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I wanna do the same thing, dash is easy it all disassembles by hand except for the vents which are 2 phillips head screws each. From there the entire dash will need to get masked off before it gets the new graphic.

For the doors I have yet to pull the panels but I believe you will need to melt and bend the plastic wild/rivits on the back side

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you had a gray interior i'd trade you door panels, and if I had the auto climate control i'd trade dash pieces with you so you didnt have to worry about it.

too bad
my interior is grey, but im going to be painting all the plastics inside....Thats the next project on my list haha...never ends!

I wanna do the same thing, dash is easy it all disassembles by hand except for the vents which are 2 phillips head screws each. From there the entire dash will need to get masked off before it gets the new graphic.

For the doors I have yet to pull the panels but I believe you will need to melt and bend the plastic wild/rivits on the back side
Yea i pulled my panels a few weeks ago to do a test run of some carbon fiber, i saw the rivits but was afraid i was going to break em...

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
my interior is grey, but im going to be painting all the plastics inside....Thats the next project on my list haha...never ends!

Yea i pulled my panels a few weeks ago to do a test run of some carbon fiber, i saw the rivits but was afraid i was going to break em...
It's a lot of work, and it may never fit right again... But if you take your time, it's very possible.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i got a pair of 05-07 KR front panels with no switches or switch plates that are in ok shape if you wanted some spares

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah im just looking really of how to remove or replace the wood grain, im gona do a carbon fiber wrap on em

·
Registered
332 Posts
I removed my drivers side to try to wrap it in carbon fiber vinyl and I just used a forstner bit that was a little bigger to drill off the melted part of the tab and the panel. I was going to use silicone to mount the panels back on when I get them finished but I just used some short number 10 screws to put it on till i finish them.

Thanks Rick

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts

too bad
If you ever head South during your travels let me know. I'll swap you door panels if you got a CC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts