Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detailed the truck yesterday, wash, clay bar then waxed. Doesn't look to bad for being 16 years old.

When I went to clean the wheels I noticed this stain

I use Eagle never dull to clean my wheels and with many times trying the stain is still there. Im really looking to find a tried product that someone knows will work, these wheels are about 18 mo. old and still look new and I don't want to mess them up. Thanks, Steve.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I have seen folks peel the clear and just keep em polished

but IDK what your enviroment / winters are like ?

IN AZ it wouldn't be bad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried any wheel cleaner, because I got the same problem on my chromed rims and I just wipe out the stain with mother's wheel cleaner.... I hope that will also works for you. You can try that one, because that is not much expensive. Good Luck mate.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Polish the rim with offending dog's nose.... Seriously. Then buy a product called Wicked Polish can be found in over the road (transport truck shops) and polish rims with it. Just make sure the rims dont have a clear coating on them, doesn't look like they do to me. Once you break doggies habit other dogs usually won't leave thier mark on them.
Nice looking truck too!
jrc

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
If there not clear coated try the small container of mothers polish it works wonders on my classic II wheels after 6 months of running winter months and they turn gray due to no polishing in the winter mine arnt clear coated. It takes everything off and leaves a great protective barrier on them.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hook some 120 v ac power to your frame doggy goes pee and poof no more peter to pee out of problem solved oh yah and get some good polish like bob said

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
It will polish out with mothers polish but its a bit*h to work with. Works great though. If you polish out that one spot with mothers youll see youll need to do the whole wheel as that spot will look like chrome when done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts