Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says if i take it apart to clean it and put it back together the same way is there anything i need to look for or anything i can mess up?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
If you are talking about the pressure regulator part, it's pretty simple. Remove the 19mm (I think) heax brass plug. Inside will be a spring and valve spool piece. Check the bore and valve spool for scoring and make sure the spring is in good shape. The spring will go on the spool piece bore and the nub on the end of the brass plug. If you are removing the regulator body from the fuel bowl, don't drop the screen assembly, bolts, or the little white plastic check ball (its on the outboard side of the screen) down into the valley of death. If you need new guts for the regulator (just get the CA version) or the screen assembly here are the parts:

Fuel Pressure Regulator (contains spring, valve spool & new brass plug)
(Ford) F5TZ-9K061-A (federal emissions; 94-98)
(Ford) F6TZ-9K061-AA (CA emissions; engine serial no. 201681-98)

Fuel Pressure Regulator Screen Kit
(Ford) F5TZ-9A214-A

Cheers!

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
URe: how to rebuild fuel pressure regulator

Using the California kit in a federal truck will result in increasing fuel pressure to about 60-65 psi from about 50-55 psi. This can result in the truck running better. You can get the same pressure increase placing a BB behind the fuel regulator spring.

The screen may be no longer availiable so be careful if pulling the regulator assembly off from the fuel cannister, you have to pull it straight off. Once you have the assembly pulled off enough to see the screen then you can degreaser or BreakClean to remove the buildup of junk on the screen without fully removing the regulator assembly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks to both of you. ill let you know how it goes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts