Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a step bystep?. im assuming you pull all the bolts from the bottom.. small block chevy guy here never worked on a powerstroke haha
thanks

·
Registered
871 Posts
Remove the trans cooler lines, remove the shifter, boot and shifter on top of trans, remove driveshafts, remove rear trans support get jack under trans try to support engine since it will fall backwards once trans is remove. Pull the starter and clutch linkage, and 6 trans bolts. I think thats most of it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Taking the t case off first helps alot..If it has one.
It's not hard to pull but if you have brackets to support it it's not necessary. If your doing this in your driveway with just a cheap trans jack then pull the transfer case.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
For the top tranny bolts, all you need is about 3 feet of extensions on a 1/2 inch drive. Wobbly on the socket, and just go after them from rear of the transmission.

·
Grumpy Old Man
10 Posts
i would recommend NOT using a cheap tranny jack. especially if there's any slope on your work surface...dont ask how i know:doh:

·
PSA
566 Posts
i would recommend NOT using a cheap tranny jack. especially if there's any slope on your work surface...dont ask how i know:doh:
hahah you too huh...that bugger sure is heavy

·
Registered
492 Posts
make sure you get all 3 starter bolts, and get the slave cyclinder out of the way. f ya get stuf just let us know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts