Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
<-Dang Orders...EGR WHAT?
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago on the ORG I saw a write up on how to pull the cab. I've looked around there and can't find it. So I was hoping since the Nation is a compleltely diffrent place you all might be able to help me save an azz ton of $$ so I can do the job myself.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
youv got to pull the bed bolts

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
just kidding

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the bolts that hold it to the frame but what else and where to disconect.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
you need a two post lift
a full tool box
is the truck a crew cab

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a crew cab

Don't have a post lift but I have four camper jacks that I was gonna see if I could fab something up. If not I was just gonna get it towed and have the work done.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
no bad idea
that sounds like something you will read on the front page of the news paper
just pull the front clip off
it sounds tough but its faster then pulling the cab
and it will be safer on your part

the main truck that you really cant get around not pulling the cab off is a 6.4
most work is done with a cab off procedure

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are the tall ones like you would use to put a camber in the bed of your truck. I've got a good idea to make each side ridged together and way to lift under the cab like a post jack.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
it is easyer to just pull the front of the truck off.
like pull the bumber
grill
top cross brace
and that piece behind the grill
e vac the ac system
pull the condensor
headlights
rad
cac
then your on the engine
if you pull the cab you will be blown away by all the work youl half to do

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
If you have some time, give me the information on the vehicle we are working on, and I'll try and post up everything that is needed to lift the cab:

-Cab style (crew cab, supercab etc.)

-model year

-ESOF 4x4 or manual, or 4x2

-factory fog lights or not

-automatic or manual transmission

Provide me with the above information, and I'll try and post everything needed to remove the cab.

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you have some time, give me the information on the vehicle we are working on, and I'll try and post up everything that is needed to lift the cab:

-Cab style (crew cab, supercab etc.) crew cab

-model year 2004

-ESOF 4x4 or manual, or 4x2 switch on the dash 4x4

-factory fog lights or not factory fogs

-automatic or manual transmission turqushift auto

Provide me with the above information, and I'll try and post everything needed to remove the cab.
Thanks for the info when you get the time.

Tuck is locked up in my driveway and a friend has a carport big enough that I could do studs in. I would like to do the studs and EGR delete my self do to the lack of funds.

On a side note how heave is the cab? As I mentioned prior I don't have a 2 post lift, I want to make sure what I'm thinking about will be able to hold it for a day or few.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
i do not like pulling the cab
it is a waste of time

·
Registered
139 Posts
so coalroller3x, when you pull the front clip and etc as you described, do you then have to pull the engine? or is there enough clearance to pull heads to do studs? I'm not criticizing, just curious in case I cant come up with a means of lift.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was gonna say, the cab off pics make it look like its the way to go, but I've never done it so really can't form an opinion.

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
obviously you have never done more than one set of studs.... you can have a cab off in less than 2 hours and have easy access to every part on that motor needed for headstud install.:poke:
iv done more than one set of studs
its not rocket science.
break the heater box in half and its a breeze

just tell me how fast you can do it from pulling the job in the bay to having it idle sitting outside

pulling the cab on a 6.4l is not hard and thats the main truck that you really cant get around not pulling the cab on.

·
Registered
554 Posts
iv done more than one set of studs
its not rocket science.
break the heater box in half and its a breeze

just tell me how fast you can do it from pulling the job in the bay to having it idle sitting outside

pulling the cab on a 6.4l is not hard and thats the main truck that you really cant get around not pulling the cab on.
if you have a set of heads a day and a half...not argueing it cant be done but its normally a much higher quality install IMO and that is the important part on a 6l

·
<-•DEISEL CRAFT•
565 Posts
I've done it both ways and would much rather pull the cab. I like having the extra room to work and my back sure does feel better after working on it with the cab off.

-French
i do agree on that part but when work is piled up you can make a money

1 - 20 of 24 Posts