Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my video on power steering flush procedures!

This was easy, took about 2 hours from popping to hood to slamming it closed, and that was with me filming!
Results were great! Brake stiffened up quite a bit and steering quieted a little.

Enjoy! :ford:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Good video.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! :)

·
Need more power!!
358 Posts
nice video

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Really detailed video... I did the exact proceedure 4 months ago... I will add this... After seeing all the floating particles within the 2 gallon clear jug of old ATF pumped out... I added a Magnefine Power Steering filter between the hydroboost and Pump.... to filter that ATF.... Great video...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really detailed video... I did the exact proceedure 4 months ago... I will add this... After seeing all the floating particles within the 2 gallon clear jug of old ATF pumped out... I added a Magnefine Power Steering filter between the hydroboost and Pump.... to filter that ATF.... Great video...
As a matter a fact, Ford released a TSB on adding an inline filter for that exact reason.

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Great info Trey: If an the owner doesn't have plans on keeping his 7.3L for very long, I really would say this maintanence proceedure is probably not that important... But for most of Us who plan on keep ours for many yrs to come... This is a very vital maintanence Habit to add to our list... I chose to start doing the flush every 40K miles and changing the Magnefine filter every 15K miles... $15 off e-bay is cheap...

I used a mix of of Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc & Merc V for the flush...Since my P/S system has never been flushed and had 286K miles on it... I added an 8oz bottle of Red LubeGuard....

I would have use Amsoil Torque Drive--->But--They don't sell it in the qt...Only by the gallon... and the ATFQT-EA price per qt + shipping is CRAZY!!

·
Need more power!!
358 Posts
I did mine the other day, I used schaefer's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts