Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the old girl is sagging pretty good in the front end and I want to level her out but not sure what height to go to. I just want it even all around. Is there a way to measure the front and rear to match up the difference between them and is there a certain shock that will help with it?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would measure from the center of the hub up to the edge of the fender in the front, and then do the same in the rear and compare the two measurements. And I doubt any shock would do any good unless you got something crazy stiff, if they even made something that stiff. If you do need new shocks though, I love my fox 2.0 shox bought from BDS and I would definitely buy them again, and they look really nice too.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Shocks control compression and dampening, springs set ride height. Look at the spring codes on the sticker in the door jamb, find out what springs you have. Might consider switching to X code springs up front to level it out. My F350 has a major rake to it, planning the x code springs to level it out. Can be found at salvage yards pretty reasonably.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Get a 2" leveling kit but order it with all new front leafs instead of the add a leaf option. Then, if it is higher than the back, you can add a leaf to the back to level it back out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts