Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says how do you make them sound good. Right now mine with just a DPF/CAT delete when you floor it next to a wall it sounds like air getting threw a window with a bad seal. If I floor it in the 7.3 that is straight piped you hear the grunt of a diesel and some turbo whistle. On the 6.0 we have that is straight pied you hear whistle then the roar of a diesel. This truck is just disappointing sound wise no diesel grunt so turbo noise, just sounds like white noise coming out. When I was installing my DPF/CAT Delete I took the exhaust off at the turbo and it still sounds like crap. So how is every one else getting a cool diesel noise to come out of there 6.4 or is every one else's 6.4 sound like this?
Nick :eek:

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You could do a 5 downpipe back system with a muffler. The muffler eliminates some of the "rush of air sound", but the aggressive 5" exhaust sound is still there at WOT. Other than that, a stack or stacks is the best option for making it sound louder, deeper, and more like a diesel.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
i heard a straight piped one on dyno, sounded mean! nice grunt to it
yeah when you get on it they sound real good, the turbos sound good under normal driving as well, but I agree when just driving regularly the sound of something similar to a vacuum coming out the exhaust kind of sucks. lol but oh well, its worth it

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would do stacks but I can figure out what kind to go with. So will I get any turbo whistle with a 5 inch back? What about a 5 inch DPF/CAT Delete back?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine sounds pretty good, i have a stock down pipe with the FloPro dpf/cat delete and 4" FloPro duel exhaust kit. Mine is straight piped though. Still sounds nothing like my old 6.0L that was straight piped though, that was a loud ass truck!!!

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do a 4" downpipe back into 6" mitre cut stacks from MBRP. You would need...

4" Flo-Pro DPF and DOC delete pipe
4" MBRP dual bed kit
6" MBRP stainless mitre cut stacks
But can't figure out if Miters are the way to go with a Dually.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Do a 4" downpipe back into 6" mitre cut stacks from MBRP. You would need...

4" Flo-Pro DPF and DOC delete pipe
4" MBRP dual bed kit
6" MBRP stainless mitre cut stacks
do you have any videos of yours with the stack on? I wont ever be doin any kind of stack or stacks on mine but Im curious to hear the difference in sound

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts
The more refined the fuel induction becomes the quieter they get. If you don't like the 6.4 you will despise the 6.7. Personally, I'll choose go over show any day.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine sounds pretty mean, Flo Pro dpf and cat deletes, no muffler and a 5"x24" custom tip turned out on a angle.... everyone says it sounds mean... a friend of mine has a 7.3 with stacks, he loves the sound of mine....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.