Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 superduty that is setup for dragracing and nobody offers a lowering kit for a 4x4 leaf spring truck!!! The rear is lowered 4" with chassis tech drop kit. Need options for front, no geto fabs. thanks.

·
Atleast it looks fast
31 Posts
I think your only option might be a link type suspension, whether it be a 4 link, radius arms, or a 3 link. Pirate4x4.com has some stuff on modifying superduty axles for link mounts. It involves cutting part of the pumpkin out where the driverside leaf spring mount is then welding in brackets to tie everything back together. Then the passenger side is just cut off old mounts then weld on new ones. Depending on how fancy you wanted to get, ballistic fab. Offers a radius arm mount with 7" hole spacing (top link mount to bottom link mount) that can be ordered for any size axle tube with a mount for a coilover built into it. You could use the rear leaf spring mount for the rear mount of a radius arm (it would be a very short arm but if your not looking for flex then it doesn't matter) build a trac bar / mounts and upper shock mount, bolt in some QA1 or AFCO coilovers and "wallah" a lowered and linked front suspension

·
Atleast it looks fast
31 Posts
Aren't The factory leaf springs only 2 leafs to begin with? That's how my 97 was...

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts
I think the ex springs will be your best bet..excursion guys swap to truck springs for the added height..right? So, I'd go the opposite way..atleast that way if it was a psd version, you know you have the proper leaf spring for the weight of the motor, with no I'll effects..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it only has 2spring in the pack now, but the truck was a 5.4L fatory, would the EX prings be the same as the fatory 5.4L springs. as far as fourlinking the front, that is part of the reason that I bought the 03 was because of the leaf springs, I have seen alot of wheel hoping frontends on the coiled trucks and that wont be very friendly to drivetrain parts with 700-800HP pounding through it.

·
Atleast it looks fast
31 Posts
If coil spring/coil overs are set up right it won't hop. Thats why dodges front ends don't hop, they hook and go. Having quality, properly valved shocks help alot too. I like that spring under idea though. That's why many people in the jeep community use taller springs and retain the sprung under VS going spring over because they don't have as bad of wheel hop with the sprung under setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lowered mine by taking one spring out of an excursion set. I notched the frame and added airbags. It looks good and rides much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts